Over/Under 2.5 Goals help please

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Glenn240861

Hi Everyone
I don't post often but came across a problem today trading the above topic.
I thought I had a decent return to come when on bet angel soccer over/under 2.5 goals in the Man United/Man City game having backed the over 2.5 goals. I was due a return of I thought £30.12 for my small trades only to be told they lost by Betfair.

As you are aware it was 1-2 and Betfair informed me they lost because Man City had to score over 2.5 goals and I had backed Man City through the over/under 2.5 goals when all I had done was place back bets for more than 2.5 goals for the game.

My question is am I thick and Man City have to score 3 goals or are the bets on the match total. The Lovely Desiree at Betfair assures me she is correct

Any advice or help would be appreciated as I have screen shots etc
MemphisFlash

the over / under market is a combined score of both teams goals, so if that is what you bet on then you won as 3 goals were scored
Glenn240861

Hi and thanks for the reply.
That's what I thought and the back column was down at 1.01 with a green of £30 but try getting that over to betfair
MemphisFlash

are you sure you didn't back under 2.5 goals?
Glenn240861

Hi Memphis Flash

No mate in fact I had two small lay bets on under 2.5 goals and they say they lost also.
I have been looking at a couple of screenshots I took on my phone and at the top it has the following

Man Utd v Man City - Man City Over/Under 2.5 Goals ....... and under name in matched bets of Bet Angel Over 2.5 Goals.

I went into the Over/Under 2.5 markets on Bet Angel select markets and have just been going through all the games listed for next week and no where can I find where you are able to designate a specific team on just the over and under markets.
I need to find out what's happened to stop it happening again as some how its selected Man City. I'm lost at the mo but can see how Betfair claim they are loosing bets

Any help or direction would be a great help. Over the past couple of days I had been doing well on the over/under markets but this has me baffled
Kafkaesque

Glenn240861 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:10 pm
Hi Memphis Flash

No mate in fact I had two small lay bets on under 2.5 goals and they say they lost also.
I have been looking at a couple of screenshots I took on my phone and at the top it has the following

Man Utd v Man City - Man City Over/Under 2.5 Goals ....... and under name in matched bets of Bet Angel Over 2.5 Goals.

I went into the Over/Under 2.5 markets on Bet Angel select markets and have just been going through all the games listed for next week and no where can I find where you are able to designate a specific team on just the over and under markets.
I need to find out what's happened to stop it happening again as some how its selected Man City. I'm lost at the mo but can see how Betfair claim they are loosing bets

Any help or direction would be a great help. Over the past couple of days I had been doing well on the over/under markets but this has me baffled
I actually came round after reading your post earlier to ask if you're absolutely sure, it wasn't City as team over 2.5 goals. As much as I'm not a fan of customer service at present, it really doesn't sound like a mistake, they would make when looking specifically into it.

And now by your post above, it does seem like it could well be City specifically, by looking at this part of your post: "Man Utd v Man City - Man City Over/Under 2.5 Goals". I would say with pretty high confidence that the Man City-part, which I have bolded, would not be there for the standard 2.5 goals for both teams.

As for looking over coming fixtures, that doesn't tell you much. The number of different markets is quite different from match to match, and this one will likely have had more than pretty much any match so far this season, due to the importance of it. Also, markets are often added little by little in the days leading up to the match. So all in all, the fact that next week's matches doesn't contain that type of market means nothing.

Sorry to say, but to me it looks like, you've mistakenly choosen the wrong market.
spreadbetting

You've played the wrong market. For big games like the derbies they throw in lots of extra markets. Look at most games and you'll see extra over under 0.5 for the first half/ team etc
Glenn240861

Thanks for all the help everyone.
It appears I must be more observant in future and not just assume I'm in the market I thought I was, it wont happen again. Gutted really as had I noticed I could of got out with a +20 green at one stage.
Again thanks again from a newbie still learning and this site is invaluable to people like myself

Return to “Football trading”