Telegram Bots

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
northbound

One of my preferred trades is laying teams that take a 3 goal lead during the first half.

I've now created a Telegram bot that scans livescores and notifies me when that situation occurs. It's my first bot, so glitches might occur. This is the url:

https://t.me/stupidgoal_alerts

Telegram is a messenger app available for mobile phones and it also works in normal browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, etc.

[Moderator edited : 14/10/19 - To include current URL for new visitors]
Last edited by northbound on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northbound

To use a Telegram bot, you open a chat with it and send the following message:
/start

If you're fed up with the bot and want to stop receiving notifications, just send it the following message:
/stop
Niko

Interesting, thanks for sharing!
Euler

Never heard of that service before. Will have a nose.
northbound

For those who joined the bot, I advise to send it a /start message again, as there was a glitch that made it forget some active chats :geek:
northbound

Just an update on my bot development. I now run two Telegram football bots, completely free.

https://t.me/sg_bad_fav_bot
It notifies you when any heavy favourite team in any major competition are not doing well in a match. Specifically, the first time they go 1 goal down or if around the 80th minute the score is still a draw.

https://t.me/sg_big_early_lead_bot
It notifies you when any soccer team in any major competition take a 3 goal lead during the first half.

To use these bots:
1 - Install the Telegram app on your mobile phone or computer.
2 - Click a bot link above.
3 - Click "Send message", it will open a new conversation with the bot in Telegram.
4 - Send the following message to the bot: /start
5 - You're good to go, now the bot will send you a notification when the above scenarios occur.
darchas

Thanks for these - will take a look.
northbound

The above bots will be deleted soon.

From now on, these free alerts will be delivered in the following Telegram channel:

https://t.me/stupidgoal_alerts
LostShaman

I've been using these for a while and they've flagged a few good opportunities so many thanks Northbound!

I don't tend to use the early lead ones but have used several of the bad favourites with good effect.
northbound

Glad you’re finding them useful, LostShaman.

I use the early lead alerts sparingly myself, mostly looking at teams that are 3-0 up in the first half simply because all of their 3 attempts on goal found the net, not because of total domination.
chakarabet

northbound wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:47 pm
Glad you’re finding them useful, LostShaman.

I use the early lead alerts sparingly myself, mostly looking at teams that are 3-0 up in the first half simply because all of their 3 attempts on goal found the net, not because of total domination.
Never hear of this strategy. How would i trade 3 goal lead in the first half?
So when i get an alert from the bot, what do i do next?

Thank you.

Cheers
northbound

chakarabet wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:06 am
Never hear of this strategy. How would i trade 3 goal lead in the first half?
So when i get an alert from the bot, what do i do next?
Lay the leading team if the stats show that the match has been evenly contested up to that point.

Or watch the game and lay the leading team if you feel that the loser is striking back.

These are just ideas. If you do this every game regardless, you are unlikely to make money long term.
chakarabet

thank you
Speculator_3

Northbound, why specifically when a team is 3 goals up? And why specifically at half time interval? Just because then you can lay at very low odds? Because then you'd be missing out on strong teams that by a flukey accident let in, say, 3 goals in the first 20 mins and then strike back already before half time...

Do you trade out all your stake as soon as the other team gets a goal back or wait till they reduce the deficit to one goal? (I'd guess with your selective strategy, waiting till the goal deficit is only one goal, or even for the unlikely event when a draw is reached, gives more value).
northbound

Speculator_3 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:31 am
Northbound, why specifically when a team is 3 goals up? And why specifically at half time interval?
I never said half time, I said in the first half, so the alert would trigger at 20min if a team is 3 goals up.

As for the way to trade this angle, I’m not currently trading it myself.

Return to “Football trading”