Next Manager to Leave

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
LeTiss

Since when have Betfair added this market to the exchange?

They used to stay away from that, and just have next manager markets after a sacking.

Pelligrino at Saints looks good value at 7.2 (you can get 8.00 at SkyBet) - I can't imagine the Saints board have been pleased with his performance at all. Considering Puel got sacked for finishing 8th and getting to the League Cup Final, but playing boring football......how can Pelligrino be safe when producing terrible football, being 4 points above relegation and losing in the League Cup to a Championship reserve side
SeaHorseRacing

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:24 am

They used to stay away from that, and just have next manager markets after a sacking.

Pelligrino at Saints looks good value at 7.2 (you can get 8.00 at SkyBet) - I can't imagine the Saints board have been pleased with his performance at all. Considering Puel got sacked for finishing 8th and getting to the League Cup Final, but playing boring football......how can Pelligrino be safe when producing terrible football, being 4 points above relegation and losing in the League Cup to a Championship reserve side
Lets blame the board for selling our best players. From what we got too last few years this is utterly embarrassing as a Saints fan. Relegation looks likely next season.
Wolf1877

LeTiss wrote:
.....how can Pelligrino be safe when producing terrible football, being 4 points above relegation and losing in the League Cup to a Championship reserve side
.... oi!, even a strong Man City lineup couldnt beat our reserves over 120 minutes!

I thought Saints did OK against Arsenal especially early on before their defenders had woken up. Leicester must have been a very different story.
Kafkaesque

LeTiss wrote:

Clearly something similar can happen to any market at any time, but few will be as vulnerable to inside knowledge as this one. Once word spreads that a sacking is coming, prices will drop like a rock. Enough to warrant not offering the market? Don't know, but I'd expect that to be the reason. If I had to venture a guess as to why BF has it now, it'd be that PL clubs are much more professional about it lately. Seems to be much less leaking out, before the trigger is pulled than was previously the case.

Wasn't Puel's sacking, at least said to, be more based on the players complaining about his approach, rather than results? Pelligrino seems to be much more about trying to build something with an identity, much more so than with Puel and to some extent Koeman. I'd be hugely surprised if he's sacked, unless they drop into big, big trouble. At the very least before the summer.

There's so many unknowns in that market, that I'd struggle to find value in anyone priced below 15-20ish, unless I "knew" something. As the prices value for me would be the, on the face of it, more unlikely suspects of Wenger, Conte and Klopp, as I could quite easily see their reign end for various reasons.
soccersaint

Betting on “next manager to go” is much like the Douvan saga...he knows he’s going before news hits the exchanges. ( or not as the case maybe ) 😇
Anyway, I tend to feel more opportunity can be had once the new mans in charge !
Careful study of a new managers results in their first 4 to 5 matches can often offer a chance to make for some healthy profits.

Season after season a sudden up turn in performance is linked to a new man in charge.
I always tend to pay particular attention to matches 2,3,4 and 5 after the honeymoon period of his first game.

As for the Saints returning to championship football...there are a few to many other teams clambering for that mantle so I think it unlikely this time round, and as for the next for the chop...my money is firmly on Mr Hughes.

Return to “Football trading”