Dutching and greening up

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Steve17

I been practicing scalping and I just don't seem to be consistent I will be profitable on one then the next will just go against I do look at the bet fair chart to look for a direction should I be using advanced charts I this a learning curve any advice
Derek27

I successfully scalp but I sometimes get caught out by a big move. The key is to find stable markets with a lot of liquidity where the prices aren't likely to change drastically. Low grade racing like today are not really suitable and I can't imagine successfully scalping in-play. You might be better off waiting for Haydock this weekend.

Peter said there's a strategy of each market and there's a market for each strategy. Rather than tie yourself to one strategy why not practice a bit of swing trading and scalp when you have suitable markets ?
Steve17

What markets would I swing trade on. The scalping I am trying is approximately 10 mins before post then greening up
Derek27

Markets with a bit of movement in them are ideal for swing trading.

A good way to practice swing trading is to place back and lay bets at points on the ladder where you feel it's highly likely the final price will end up somewhere in the middle or between the two. Use £2 stakes (or less if you want to) so you don't have to panic if the price does (and probably will at least slightly) go against you. Trade out at the off or sooner if you get a good swing.

It does require patience and you have to accept that many of your trades won't get matched, rather than simply moving your unmatched bets closer to the money.
Steve17

Hi could you tell me how I get the new position on the side of ladder rather than the green up position

Thanks
Derek27

Steve17 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 pm
Hi could you tell me how I get the new position on the side of ladder rather than the green up position

Thanks
I think you've posted that question to the wrong topic. If you post it to the 'Ladder' topic that you started Dallas or any other member might help you.
ShaunWhite

Steve17 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks
Like a zero reset after you've had your pair matched? You can't.
I've often thought myself that a 'zero if equalised y/n' with pop up confirmation would be handy sometimes. But I see the dangers.

Probably not a high priority feature though as most people eventually overcome the psychology of already seeing a trading PorL when they enter subsequent trades and can focus purely on the current exit instead of the net market figure. Personally I think that's the hardest nut to crack. That ****ing P&L column, can't live with it, can't live without it.

Hope that's what you meant.
Steve17

I have traded the horse racing to night I was successful 4 out of 7 times and the ones I lost where considerably more money very small stakes by the way 0.25 tick size, I think one of my problems is not waiting till last 10 mins. Just seem if I lay it goes down if I back it goes up heeeeeeeelllllllp
Dallas

Steve17 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 pm
I have traded the horse racing to night I was successful 4 out of 7 times and the ones I lost where considerably more money very small stakes by the way 0.25 tick size, I think one of my problems is not waiting till last 10 mins. Just seem if I lay it goes down if I back it goes up heeeeeeeelllllllp
Have a watch of the racing videos here, there is loads of tips and advice in them on things to lookout for how to trade in certain situations etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAzrpvv ... ZUDAot_BoD

Also if discussing racing now it might be better to start a new thread in the racing section
Derek27

You could also correct the spelling of the topic title. What would visitors to this forum who know nothing about trading think we're all about. :lol:
Derek27

I was only joking about correcting the title - the thread has now lost it's humour. :lol:

Return to “Football trading”