Quit my job to do this as a living!

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
brooksyyid

Hi guys,

Regarding the 3-3 CS strategy. What would you expect if there was 2 quick goals in say a televised premier league game. Would the price come in or go out? I would expect the price to come in but haven't looked at this in-play. I might try this approach but maybe 2-3/3-2 for slightly lower laying odds. Could even add to this with laying the underdog/away team to win by 2 goals... ie man city v West ham - you could lay 1-3 or 2/3 that must be shorter than laying 3-3 as most don't have the bank to make that worthwhile.

Good luck going full time thou mate. Keep us updated on your progress. I hope to be doing the same in 3-4 years
Dallas

brooksyyid wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:43 am
Hi guys,

Regarding the 3-3 CS strategy. What would you expect if there was 2 quick goals in say a televised premier league game. Would the price come in or go out? I would expect the price to come in but haven't looked at this in-play. I might try this approach but maybe 2-3/3-2 for slightly lower laying odds. Could even add to this with laying the underdog/away team to win by 2 goals... ie man city v West ham - you could lay 1-3 or 2/3 that must be shorter than laying 3-3 as most don't have the bank to make that worthwhile.

Good luck going full time thou mate. Keep us updated on your progress. I hope to be doing the same in 3-4 years
If you fire up Soccer Mystic you can input the goals times and see the effects it will have on the odds at any point withing the game
MemphisFlash

Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:34 am
brooksyyid wrote:
Hi guys,

If you fire up Soccer Mystic you can input the goals times and see the effects it will have on the odds at any point withing the game
Don't you mean within :D :D :D :D :D :D :o :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
brooksyyid

Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:34 am
brooksyyid wrote:
Hi guys,

Oh yes forgot about soccer mystic thanks dallas 👍
Westerner

Don't understand why some are saying forget about Premium Charges.

If you want to do this for a living, and you've given up the day job, this should have been one of your big considerations.

It has such a knock-on effect both financially and mentally and you have to be prepared for it.
spreadbetting

I guess they don't see him as ever getting to that position, westerner, so why go off on uneccessary tangents.
dragontrades

Don't want to be negative but it sounds like you have just been lucky and in the long term this will just break even.
I hope you prove me wrong and I wish u all the best
Crazyskier

trader44 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:19 pm
in my oipinion any one can make money for a period but doing it long term is on another level and the only way to get to that level is to make some rules and UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCED DO NOT BREAK THEM,

i read this somewhere and have it on my desk in front of me and read it before trading every day

" the difference between a successful trader and a bankrupt one
is what they do when faced with a red book .".

listen to the people on here they have been there done it and are successful :D
+1 from me - this is the single most essential rule for long term success. Sadly only those who feel the pain the hardest seem to learn the best (assuming they haven't given up completely).

CS
alya24

hmmm have read this thread with interest. Is blackmoor83 still active? Would be interested in an update on whether this strategy continued to pay or not.
Derek27

alya24 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:26 pm
hmmm have read this thread with interest. Is blackmoor83 still active? Would be interested in an update on whether this strategy continued to pay or not.
Welcome to the forum alya24. You can see when a member was last active by clicking on their name and viewing their profile. I would have expected an update from the OP if the strategy was successful. I would also expect, if it was successful, that everybody would be onto it now that he's given it away and the 3-3 draw would be unlayable. ;)
eightbo

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:48 pm
alya24 wrote:
Welcome to the forum alya24. You can see when a member was last active by clicking on their name and viewing their profile. I would have expected an update from the OP if the strategy was successful. I would also expect, if it was successful, that everybody would be onto it now that he's given it away and the 3-3 draw would be unlayable. ;)

It's not hard you just stick to the Italian leagues and ramp up your size when they start scoring own goals.

Jokes aside I hope OP is doing well. Would be reasonable for someone to forget about the forum if they started those sums out of the blue.
Sample size did seem a bit small in perspective of the strategy though.
Kai

alya24 wrote:
Hard to believe that someone would quit their job over a 3-3 lay strategy, that sounds like complete madness to me. Risking your months work on 1 particular trade? Risking it for every single trade? Taking losses soon as games go to 2-2? If anything, at 2-2 is maybe exactly where OP should start getting involved instead. What's the plan when markets unexpectedly stay suspended forever, or in the the case of an outage, or if VAR decisions void half your bets etc? Does that strategy really sound like something you would be interested in? There is zero margin for error.

In racing markets that would maybe be the equivalent of laying an outsider that has "no chance" of winning. That actually reminds me of a person from my region that used to run a blog, he was a poker player for years before deciding to invest all of his earnings into "trading" the horses in-play. His strategy was a simple one and seemed like he couldn't lose, until that one inevitable race came along that wiped out his entire 5 figure bank including all of his poker profits that he was grinding out for years.
aidenrn810

I have previously and still do Lay High Scoring Football Correct Scores.

Some success, some signficiant loses but need to be controlled now

However, I am trying again but with the rules of :

- place pre-game and never in-play
- review position at half time and cash out for a loss if the score is looking to be a threat (similar to the 2-2 escpae if 3-3 that was menitoned in the thread) + monitor by goal alerts through BetAngel as necessary in the second half
- be selective on games where I believe I have knowledge as well as low scores are predicted
- choose important games to one team or the other (no dead rubbers that could be free scoring)

I'd be interested in your thoughts and to understand what strategies or other pitfalls to watch out for.

Any tips from all the wise owls on here for this coming weeked UK/European games?

Did Lux v Serbia this week --- so see my twitter feed for my results as I go forward : @slowandsteadyp1
Kai

aidenrn810 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:39 am
Did Lux v Serbia this week --- so see my twitter feed for my results as I go forward : @slowandsteadyp1
I've glanced at your Twitter and there seems to be a common theme in your approach regardless of sport, you're looking for stuff to lay no matter the price. On racing you seem to be winning 2-3 pounds per race but losing 450, you can probably expect more of the same with this approach.

If you're looking to trade time decay on football why not look for angles on the over/under markets? Instead of trading the decay on the high liability CS prices. On the overs you could even reverse your whole approach, by risking smaller amounts to potentially win larger amounts. If you play around enough with overs you can probably find an edge somewhere.
aidenrn810

See the thread below Kai to see a discussion on the big loss I had earlier this week --- yes I am learning and need to avoid taking small losses in-play and just get out and accept a small red position.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=19542&start=20

Good suggestion on overs/unders which can be volatile and change very quickly with a goal or two close together. Any threads or advice or further things to look at here would be appreciated.

Return to “Football trading”