Help: How would you trade out of this position?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
r2997790

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any seasoned traders might be able to share their thoughts on the best way to trade out of this position...

I essentially have £50 on a game being 0-0 and a potential profit if £100, ie. equivalent back odds of 3.

What I was thinking of doing is the age old lay-the-draw for £100 and hedge out of that trade when a goal goes in...

... but is there a better way? Like another O/U goals market?

I just want to breakeven as was curious on what everyone thought was the best approach.

I can choose any game, so I can pick a game that might be most advantageous either pre-game or in-play.

Many thanks
R
jimibt

not sure if i really understand the question. are you saying that you have a bet on the CS market 0-0 and want to hedge out of that, or are you saying that given the score is 0-0, you want to LTD and hedge from that??
r2997790

HI jimibt,

Thanks for replying... sorry I've given a slightly muddled question there... sorry... let me start again...

So, imagine I have a £30 liability am I am trying to recover... I've placed a:

Lay £30 at 1.1 on 1 goal or more market.

What would people think is the best way to hedge this position and be able to trade out with a £30 profit.

I was thinking to lay the draw and then back it when a goal goes in...

... is there any other / better options?

thanks!
max_usted

r2997790 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:43 am
HI jimibt,

Thanks for replying... sorry I've given a slightly muddled question there... sorry... let me start again...

If you've laid at 1.1, then surely you have a liability of £3? (as opposed to £30). Or did you lay £300 pounds at 1.1 (£30 liability). Sorry not clear.
What would people think is the best way to hedge this position and be able to trade out with a £30 profit.

thanks!
Not quite sure what you're asking.

If you're laying at 1.1 then, in my view, there'd be no need to hedge as your liability is (proportionally) so small.

Obviously laying and backing the draw will only work if the match plays out so that the odds movements suit such positioning.
Derek27

r2997790 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:43 am
HI jimibt,

thanks!
I think you may need to focus on improving your understanding of trading and markets.

If you've laid one goal or more at 1.1 for a liability of £30, you've already laid the 0-0 draw - the £30 will be lost if a goal is scored. There is absolutely no power on earth that will enable you to trade out for a £30 profit - it's your position that determines your profit/loss.

For example, if no goal was scored and the price drifted to 1.22 you would be able to green up for a £30 profit, but each time a goal is scored you would lose £30.

Return to “Football trading”