My Daily Trading Results - Scientific Trading

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
weemac

Euler wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 am
You are speaking to some of the biggest traders in the industry on this forum who can spot somebody odd at ten paces.....
It was his signature that was the giveaway for me.

Couldn't resist googling him, and unsurprisingly the top link takes you to another forum where some gems of wisdom include:

"I was fast approaching my daily maximum loss and so took a 5:1 risk to reward ratio on my final trade of the day and it saved the day."

"Chasing losses can be done in a good way or bad way."

"....if its the last trade of the day and I am in the red but still under my daily liability limit then I will go for 4:1/5:1 reward to risk trades knowing if it doesn't work then my overall total losses have met my criteria of limiting my daily losses to a certain amount."
spreadbetting

lmf21734 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:01 am

I will continue to post my daily results and then talk in more detail in May as I am starting some webinars to talk freely about my approach....
Hopefully they'll be some introductory offer in the webinar or I ain't paying to watch it.
Derek27

lmf21734 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:51 am
I have to assume that those being negative and self proclaimed oracles aiming constant shots are full time traders making at least £2000 per week. You just have to be because if you are so right then your results would mean you would easily be able to work full time trading....In fact are you able to share your daily and weekly results?????
People who take notice of criticism and negative comments with justification better themselves for it, whereas people who instantly dismiss criticism (because they don't want to hear it) never learn anything.

Some people are proud of the P/L and feel better for bragging about it, while others are more modest and just get on with their trading. We don't all have the childish 'my profit is bigger than yours' mentality.
xitian

I think it's a mixture of being misunderstood, narcissism and naivety. (Not the only poster and won't be the last of course).

Derek's right on though. There's a big difference between posting P&Ls with the message "I'm the greatest, worship me" and posting a P&Ls and saying "please take a look and tell me what you think I can do better". You can naturally understand what types of responses you're going to get from each.

I actually think he probably does have a winning strategy and method of trading, but his belief that he's pushing the boundaries is where he's showing the naivety. Things like daily loss limits shouldn't need to feature if you want to maximise profits, and that's pretty basic. I saw the previous version of his website maybe a year or two ago and he was selling himself to hedge funds and investors which just brings facepalm to mind. Maybe that's what he's referring to when he talks about PR.
Euler

There is no need to raise money if you have a valid trading strategy, you can leverage so much in sports trading you just don't need investors money.
spreadbetting

The domain's been registered since 2013 and had various blurbs since 2015, as a top 5% retail trader I'm not sure why he's even bothering with us minions

"My name is Mel Fearon and this is my website devoted to explaining the journey of how through a 5 year period I have reached the stage where I am able to make significant monthly returns on my trading account bank of £10,000. This means I am literally now able to make anything above £10,000 per month and this will increase as my account size grows. Navigating through 5 years of chasing my tail, and digesting the good, the bad and the ugly in terms of trading advice, I have reached the stage where I am moving into the top 5% of retail traders in the UK. Welcome to my journey."

"With my strategy I have defined risk which is capped per day up to a maximum of 8% of my account size (This is essentially my stop loss). My potential profit per day can range up to 25% of my account size.

The data below are the live trades that have taken place this month. These trades are executed on the Betfair exchange which is the worlds largest sporting exchange. The Betfair exchange is owned by Paddy Power Betfair which has operations across the UK, Ireland, Australia, the US (Operating under TVG) and Europe.

If you are a hedge fund then please download this page because these are the results you will be verifying if we have an opportunity to meet where I will login into my trading account and allow you to perform your verification checks on various dates and times against the P&L for any given time period you wish to verify."

:lol:
weemac

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:53 pm

" This means I am literally now able to make anything above £10,000 per month and this will increase as my account size grows."
And yet, in a bizarre twist, he directly contradicted himself just 2 days ago.

"I recently 2 months ago started a challenge to grow a £5000 account to as much as I can in 2018. Since March 13th until today (April 13th) I have already grown it to £8000...."

So what happened to his claimed £10k a month? The guy's an attention seeker, or worse. I'm not going to waste any more time on him. I just hope no-one will fall for his clap-trap.
max_usted

Seems to be employing a strategy in expectation of late goals in football matches, jolly sensible fellow (although perhaps not as innovative as all that).
swanst1991

wow, i've watched 2 of his Webinars on youtube ( for free) and thought he was fairly knowledgeable, it appears he is getting roasted from the start of this thread which comes across to an outsider as mean and rude to be honest.

can anyone enlighten me why he is a charlatan?

Thanks
northbound

swanst1991 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:56 am
it appears he is getting roasted from the start of this thread which comes across to an outsider as mean and rude to be honest.
I wrote an email to this scientia person a few weeks ago, asking to discuss the impact of certain in-play stats on match selection.

It didn’t even bother replying.

I find this very rude, so have no sympathy for the “rude” way he’s been treated on this forum.
Dallas

northbound wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:59 am
swanst1991 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:56 am
it appears he is getting roasted from the start of this thread which comes across to an outsider as mean and rude to be honest.
I wrote an email to this scientia person a few weeks ago, asking to discuss the impact of certain in-play stats on match selection.

It didn’t even bother replying.

I find this very rude, so have no sympathy for the “rude” way he’s been treated on this forum.
He's probably gone bust!

Without re-reading the whole thread again I think the gist was he was trying to promote a fancy dressed up 'gambling' strategy with a re-worked loss recovery system as something new he had discovered

Flooding every forum with his short-term results maybe with the intention if he could get to around 6-12mths before it went horribly wrong then start some sort of subscription service having used forums like this to promote himself.

As with any loss recovery system he was warned very early in this topic by a few traders the wheels would fall off sooner or later, and as also started earlier in the thread your never going to convince a forum full of some of the worlds best traders that something like what he was promoting is a viable long-term strategy!

Edit; just checked his twitter and it seems he stopped posting early August which looks to reinforce what I've just said above
LeTiss

He's gone bust, Dallas

I sounded him out on page 1, you could tell from the figures returned on some lowish liquidity markets
wearthefoxhat

His probable demise may have been down to basic money management strategies, his trading plan/method may have been/still be workable, but if the screenshots were to be believed, increasing amounts on the next bet(s) is nearly always fatal.

Not that he can't learn from it. It very much depends on if he wants to or not.

If not, I believe Knish still has the truck.

Despite Knish’s encouragement to play beatable games (the soft seat in Queens, the $10/$20 game at Chesterfield, and the Goulash joint on 79th Street), Mike McD was on a mission. Perhaps Knish could have done a better job at stopping Mike McD, but the sage knew that Mike McD needed to learn a valuable lesson – sometimes the student needs to fail in order to succeed.
megarain

Despite Knish’s encouragement to play beatable games (the soft seat in Queens, the $10/$20 game at Chesterfield, and the Goulash joint on 79th Street), Mike McD was on a mission. Perhaps Knish could have done a better job at stopping Mike McD, but the sage knew that Mike McD needed to learn a valuable lesson – sometimes the student needs to fail in order to succeed.

Rounders 20 years old. (I feel ancient). The directors cut, with Moneymaker voice over, on Blu-Ray is awesome)
northbound

You all assume he’s gone bust, but if you read his most recent tweets, it doesn’t sound like it.

All I can say is that he sounded like so many modern young people who only believe in science and numbers.

In my opinion, life / trading is much more nuanced than that. If everything came out of a book, it would be easy. And it is not.

Return to “Football trading”