Hedge pre-match trade or not?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
petardo

Hi All

I got a question about long term profit over pre-match trading. It`s profitable to allways hedge the trade or leaving?
Live examples: Spur vs Chelsea ,Backed 1000£ in 1.97 and layed 1000£ in 1.91 There is 57£ if Chelsea win or 6.18£ to green out.(Now the odds changed but this was when was 1.91)

Udinese vs Bologna :Layed draw 2.08 (4 days ago)for 500£ now the odds are 2.42 for back.There is 171£ for draw or if I hedge is 70£.
I did tennis as well today and I didn`t hedge market and got nice money.There is big gap between trade profit and green out profit.
Thanks for the answer
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It depends on whether you think it is value or not. In general prices seem to be pretty accurate over the long term so whether you green out or not seems to make little difference in the very long term.

For money management purposes I always green / red out as it allows me to manage risk effectively so that is my suggestion. Take the guaranteed profit and start trading something else with the profits.
petardo

Today on Liverpol vs West Ham I got 50% more if I didn`t green out. I losted 2 and won two until now.I will do a try to end of the season. I`m not greening out just match odds. Everything else I green out.In tennis sometimes I`m not green out in-play if I see that the player it`s much better.

Return to “Football trading”