Sunderland part 2

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
brimson25

Last game of the season, Sunderland vs Champions. I can honestly say I completely expected this scoreline. :ugeek:
Dallas

brimson25 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:57 pm
Last game of the season, Sunderland vs Champions. I can honestly say I completely expected this scoreline. :ugeek:posting.php?mode=quote&f=6&p=152262#
Wish you posted this earlier I took wolves for 0-2 in the Super6 :(
brimson25

ha! Sorry. Not for nothing is the most prominent Sunderland fanzine called "it's the hope I can't stand..."

Pointless game.
tick

Hopeless home record
tick

Worst season and team ever
tick

Clear 3 nil home win against a fantastic team
Wolf1877

Yes a great result for Sunderland to end the season. Hope you had some money on it. Disappointing for Wolves TBH as we were on the beach for the 2nd week running. Sunderland fielded quite a few youngsters which should give some hope for next season. Wolves did field a slightly weakened team particularly at the back but it was still a fairly strong line up that should have done far better.

Good luck for next season. League One is a real eye opener and way too small time for a club like Sunderland to be knocking around in that division for long. I'd expect you to bounce back pretty quickly if you can clear out the underperforming dead wood. If you start winning most weeks the Stadium of Light will be jumping next season and then you can use it as a springboard to do well in the Championship as Saints did a few years ago.
brimson25

Thanks for that. I hope you do well next year too.

I don't think you'll need to worry about relegation but there are enough poor sides down the bottom to occupy 2 of the places.

Return to “Football trading”