Most insane market ever?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kafkaesque

Reading that Soton are having a bit of a "hotel issue" ahead of tonight's huge fixture got me thinking about this bygone fixture:

http://www.planetfootball.com/nostalgia ... -the-shts/

As a Spurs fan, I remember the match and the stories around it all too well, but I weren't on the exchange in those days. Are anyone enough old guard to have seen and maybe even traded this one? It must have been absolute mayhem pre as rumours and news broke, and also inplay as Spurs made a fight of it when logic would dictate they should collapsed?

Any other stories of markets turning bonkers would be good fun for relative newbies, if anyone feels like sharing 8-)
Euler

I archive everything! I actually traded that match, 7th May 2006

060507 - West Ham Vs Spurs - Food poisioning - Spurs Odds.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nero Tulip

Can't offer any football markets, as I don't trade those.. but there have been a couple of times in tennis (a long time ago), where a market has been trading off the internet scoreboard the entire way through, finishing no offers / 1.01 as you'd expect, only to find that the scoreboard had listed the players the wrong way round! The market had been thin, and obviously quite jumpy as one or two people (with shallow pockets) realised the error, but overall, the belief in the scoreboard won the liquidity battle, thankfully I wasn't involved because it looked pretty weird!

I did trade the infamous Davydenko alledged fix/void market, that was interesting and not at all enjoyable, until they voided!

Brexit still my favourite insane market, and 2nd biggest win, maybe more than a coincidence.. :mrgreen:
Kafkaesque

Euler wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Nice one. Would have expected the market reaction to be much more severe!
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Nice one...I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday! (only kidding..Muesli...but still...)

Return to “Football trading”