World Cup 2018

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
SeaHorseRacing

Of all the games so far... Saturday night had to be the most boring game I have seen for some time!!
Dublin_Flyer

Euler wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:12 pm
I think they may want to change the hastag for this current match

PERVSDEN
Previous big tournys;
Nig:Ger

I think it was before twitter was a thing though!
JTEDL

can't remember it, but there was a good one with Arsenal not long ago too!
mcgoo

Backed the Argies in the winner's market @11..reasoning was Messi ..last world cup..giving it a go etc...hoping they would drop in a few ticks.Not sure if I let it ride vs Croatia or not :roll: Croatia was my dark horse bet..didn't act on it...bah! :oops:
Decisions decisions
Naffman

Croatia didn't look that good to me

Iceland can definitely make it out of that group
mcgoo

Cheers. Hoping Argies make a little come back.Messi had a really off game by the looks. Just watching the dishlickers here and the commentator has mentioned a $114000 back bet (big enough to warrant a mention while commentating on doggies :shock: ) on Serbia tonight (@ 1.90) Someone brave or rich :D
Kafkaesque

mcgoo wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:22 am
Backed the Argies in the winner's market @11..reasoning was Messi ..last world cup..giving it a go etc...hoping they would drop in a few ticks.Not sure if I let it ride vs Croatia or not :roll: Croatia was my dark horse bet..didn't act on it...bah! :oops:
Decisions decisions
Depends whether you're willing to let it ride until the final match day imo.

Matters are complicated by Arg vs Cro being played before the Iceland match. Still though, Argentina are nothing if not pragmatic, and I cannot see them going all-out or even close to against a team, they know can hurt them on the counter. I'm already on the draw for this one. Worst case for Arg a draw means Croatia and Iceland 4 points with themselves obviously on 2. In that scenario they'll be nearly sure to progress with a win against a nothing-to-play-for Nigeria, with a decent chance that a 3-goal win (or a 2-goal with 3-1+) will give them top spot.

I'd very much fancy them to get at least those 4 points. Whether sneaking through will give you a trade out price, you fancy at that risk, especially if it pans out with them running into France next, is an entirely different matter.
mcgoo

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:19 am
mcgoo wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:22 am
Decisions decisions
Depends whether you're willing to let it ride until the final match day imo.

Matters are complicated by Arg vs Cro being played before the Iceland match. Still though, Argentina are nothing if not pragmatic, and I cannot see them going all-out or even close to against a team, they know can hurt them on the counter. I'm already on the draw for this one. Worst case for Arg a draw means Croatia and Iceland 4 points with themselves obviously on 2. In that scenario they'll be nearly sure to progress with a win against a nothing-to-play-for Nigeria, with a decent chance that a 3-goal win (or a 2-goal with 3-1+) will give them top spot.

I'd very much fancy them to get at least those 4 points. Whether sneaking through will give you a trade out price, you fancy at that risk, especially if it pans out with them running into France next, is an entirely different matter.
Interesting analysis. Thanks will have a think
SeaHorseRacing

Laying Croatia to get out of the group looks a good bet to me.

Can see Iceland beaten them and Argentina.
dragontrades

good to see the exchange being advertised on ITV at half time
Kafkaesque

dragontrades wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:50 pm
good to see the exchange being advertised on ITV at half time
Agree! They've done it during the WC and also prior during England's pre-WC friendlies.
Naffman

Looking at Serbia, Brazil have possibly the easiest group
Dallas

Slight drift on Germany ahead of KO
ruthlessimon

If France can't win it, neither can Germany! Peter's quicker than Hummels :)
Dallas

Just heard the commentator say this is the longest we have gone in a WC so far without a yellow card.

Is that just by chance or is it an unexpected consequence of VAR where players are now sub cautiously aware that even if it escapes the ref's eyes then VAR can still catch them

Return to “Football trading”