World Cup 2018

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
spreadbetting

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:03 pm
I am beginning to think this team could go quite deep, they are young, hungry and full of energy and playing as a team, it’s also the first time in a lot of years we haven’t had half a team of ‘Older’ egotistical individuals believing everything revolves around them.

The test will be when they need to deal with pressure and if their current confidence can see them through.
The test will be on Thursday when they face Belgium. No doubting it was a good performance but it was only Panama and they weren't exactly ruthless against Tunisia. Hard to know how both teams will approach Thursday's game though as with both thru no one will want to risk injuries just for pride of topping the group. I'm sure both will go for the win but depends how hard they'll eventually want to fight for it.
SeaHorseRacing

Belgium will rest most of their team and England will play too hard for the win.

England were so laid back today... in fact a little too laid back. If England keep that composure against Belgium they will go very very far.

This is the beginning of England dominating football, however were wait to see wait happens. But i want to see England so laid back again next game.
It was if we was watching Germany of 2014 today. Just chilled out and took the chances when they came. No rush, no desperation.

Very impressed today and I honestly think England could have gone out the second half and hit 12-0.

I like Southgate... I just hope he gets rewarded for this change because he’s building something good and would be a shame for a big name in a couple of years to take credit.

At this very moment in time. England are semi finalists. If they keep being positive I think they will be favs for Euro 2020 this time next year.
dt888

Looks like you are currently going for England, Belgium, and Russia for your semi finalists then seahorse

Any other team you have seen that takes your fancy to complete the four?
SeaHorseRacing

dt888 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:40 pm
Looks like you are currently going for England, Belgium, and Russia for your semi finalists then seahorse

Any other team you have seen that takes your fancy to complete the four?
Without working out the logistics... for me I’d say Russia, Mexico, Belgium and England.

With Spain and Brazil in the mix.

I do beleive we’re have a new winner this year though.
SeaHorseRacing

I told my mate back Mexico each way before World Cup ... he keeps texting me.. can’t beleive I got 80/1.

He still doesn’t understand it was almost x3 on the exchange. Never mind.. he could be cashed out now. :roll:
superfrank

The Belgium game gives Southgate the perfect excuse to rest (drop) Sterling and hopefully not bring him back.

England need to beef up the midfield because we'll get overrun against better teams.
SeaHorseRacing

Russia at 50s is a crazy price. Really crazy... this time next week. Germany, Argentina, Columbia, Nigeria and even Poland could all be 1000. If Russia win last 16 game which I think they will surely there be 14/1 shot?
SeaHorseRacing

superfrank wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:55 pm
The Belgium game gives Southgate the perfect excuse to rest (drop) Sterling and hopefully not bring him back.

England need to beef up the midfield because we'll get overrun against better teams.
+1 Give Rashford a full 90 mins and see what happens. Actually think Sterling would work better with vardy upfront.

He had clean header 6yds out and hits the keeper and his stats don’t lie. I predict he’ll be the one to miss a penalty for us to knock us out.
dt888

superfrank wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Agreed. If Rashford gets a chance against Belgium and does well then I can't see him being dropped for round of 16.

I think Rashford and possibly Rose in, maybe another change if anybody is very fatigued or carrying a knock. But no more than that. I don't want to see about 8/9 changes as I think it's important to keep going along as we are
superfrank

I'm not a fan of Rashford either (just fast like Sterling and runs down blind alleys) and England can't afford so many forward players on the pitch against better sides. Drop Sterling, bring in Dier.
SeaHorseRacing

Hope we avoid Columbia. Japan or Senegal please.
dt888

Yeah, get the feeling a bit of momentum building here with Columbia
Kafkaesque

Sooooooooo with group H, for some strange reason, completing their matches before group G, there's every chance that the winner of England - Belgium will get Colombia or Senegal. Poland doesn't like that have got it in them to bring it with nothing to play for.

Will be hugely interesting whether we get a true match with Eng - Bel or instead two teams both wanting to lose in order to get Japan :cry:
BetScalper

Columbia are a very good team. Could easily knock England out who haven't really played anyone decent YET!!!
Kafkaesque

Just checked the structure. Add that if things play out in the most likely way, then the second placed in England's group will not just, likely, get Japan, but also a quarter against Mexico/Switzerland, while the group winner will be running into Germany/Brazil. Yikes!!!

Return to “Football trading”