World Cup 2018

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
SeaHorseRacing

I Would recommend. Cutting qualifying groups right down.

What’s the point in Malta playing England for a WC qualifier?

Man U don’t play Winchester FC first game in FA Cup. The World Cup and football is to PC.

Than with less teams in GF maybe they could allow theses other teams from different continents to meet.

I’d have no problem In England playing Peru, Costa Rica, Japan and Italy in a WC qualifying group if the intentions was to get the best teams there.
Kafkaesque

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:44 pm
Your taking it the wrong way guys.

I just want to see all the best teams in the World Cup.
We can’t argue that Scotland and Wales are better teams than Panama and Saudi Arabia. The only reason they don’t get their is because certain amount of teams from each continent.

I watch the World Cup for football reasons not on building bridges.

I just don’t see the point in the likes of Qatar hosting football.

Not any white supremacy reason. My fav team at the World Cup was Senegal. I thought they were good. It had nothing to do with geographical thinking.

If the best teams qualified only than than other nations would have to raise there game. It’s just likely that 80% of the teams would probably be European.
Let's get the Qatar issue out of the way first. I don't think, you'll get any takers arguing against you there :D The insanity of holding it there is beyond belief. With you 100% on that one!

As for getting the best teams in, I get where you're coming from. I just happen to think, it's a narrow concept of what football is.
Now, I might be a naive c*** in some people's eyes :lol: But I'm not naive enough to think football (alone) can build bridges, but bringing together FOOTBALL cultures is still a huge part of the WC for me. People follow football and support their teams in such varied fashion. I've been privileged enough to travel a ton, and through this to watch football live on all six continents, in many countries everywhere except Oceania, plus a few World Cups. I love coming the England to watch football more than anywhere else, but the passion inmany other places, especially Central and South America, is just plain crazy. Are Italy a better team than Peru? Most likely, but I'd still take the mix of fan cultures, created by a fair number from each continent. Same goes for Wales/Scotland vs. Panama/Saudi.

On the field, nearly the same goes. I don't primarily want to watch good football. I want interesting football. And that is also created by different football cultures, both tactically and in approach to fair play, clashing. Italy vs Spain is just bland, par for course, and the same football we can watch most midweeks for all four years in between WC's.

Oh, and I want Hugo Sanchez' flip, dancing Colombians, Roger Milla seducing the corner flag, Jung Hwan skating, as well as Shearer more, well, Northern European celebration :D
Dallas

France on a bit of a drift
SeaHorseRacing

Amazing to see this topic has made 100 pages of quality chat throughout!

Well done BA forum and contributors. Thoroughly enjoyed it. If England won it maybe 200 who knows.

👍
Euler

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:38 am
France on a bit of a drift
Quite a sharp drift, given there is no news I'm tempted in around 2.20
BetScalper

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:38 pm
Amazing to see this topic has made 100 pages of quality chat throughout!

Well done BA forum and contributors. Thoroughly enjoyed it. If England won it maybe 200 who knows.

👍
I doubt England will win a tournament in our lifetimes. There just isn't the pool of top English players. Like I said before how many English players play week in week out for the big 5 European clubs ?

The premiership may look cool but its ruined home grown players coming through. You get 1 or 2 but thats about it. While that continues and these players cant get regular games at the highest levels then your doomed I'm afraid. Loaning them out to lower divisions doesn't help either as they won't get picked by their country. It showed in the WC. Play 2 good teams and we lost, midfield was a disaster. Same old Same old.
Naffman

Swear the market has had no clue this WC

All the drifters I have noticed have won
Dallas

Was in a right mess with that France drift, almost made it back on Croatia until the price drifted back out a few ticks - was annoying because I had just got to the front of the queue and was getting matched :x

Would of been nice to finish on a win but a small red still much better than my position was at 11am!
Euler

Can't see past France here, Croatia has battled hard but are the Kevin Andersons here.
Derek27

The guy who had 3000 AUS dollars on Croatia and a tattoo on his back is still in with a chance!
Korattt

could you imagine Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini & Vladimir Putin sat together at this final?, wouldn’t you just love to be a fly on that wall? 💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵
Euler

Kerching, that's enough for me.
Korattt

ain’t that the first OG in a World Cup Final?
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:19 pm
Kerching, that's enough for me.
Dallas

Got a match on our hands now

Return to “Football trading”