World Cup 2018

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
dt888

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:16 pm
It just occurred to me how close we were to hosting this WC and the feeling at the time when the results were announced!
Yes, our bid seemed to be so much better than anyone elses that if there wasn't all the corruption going on I'm sure we would now be watching a World Cup in England now. Such a shame
SeaHorseRacing

It’s a bit like the FA Cup. Honestly don’t see the point in the replay... just go to extra and penalty’s. But suppose it’s about revenue... probably the reason why Fifa are going 48 teams.
LeTiss

I don't think our bid was that great tbh

3 of the proposed stadiums in the south were Ashton Gate, Home Park, Stadium MK - clubs where they struggle to fill their own stadiums now, let alone with increased capacity for FIFA approval

The other one was Pompey - their bid was a pack of lies, as they didn't have any money to build a stadium anyway, they just wanted WC investment to cover their asses
BetScalper

90% of the premier league's stadium's would have been good enough to stage all the games with Wembley hosting the final. Brighton now has excellent facilities etc.

Canada, USA and Mexico. Are you kidding me. Apart from Mexico then none of the other population's even know what football/soccer is.

Its just Fifa, doing what they normally do, loading their pockets.

Corruption on a massive scale.

With a looming trade war between those 3 are can't see this ending well.

What's next, India ??????????
ShaunWhite

The 94 tournament in the states wasn't too bad actually, apart from us not being there. I was just reminding myself about it and found....

it broke the World Cup average attendance record with nearly 69,000 spectators per game, a mark that still stands. The total attendance of nearly 3.6 million for the final tournament remains the highest in World Cup history, despite the expansion of the competition from 24 to 32 teams (and from 52 to 64 games) in the 1998 World Cup.

They're into 'soccer' a lot more these days so I'm sure they'll put on a good show. Not so sure about Canada though and diluting it across 3 countries will no doubt increase the headcount on the pointless pundit gravy train.

I'm glad Mexico are involved, they could never hold a full one themselves and Lineker was top goal scorer there in 86 so that's a good omen.
BetScalper

What's the time difference between USA, Canada and Mexico ?

Does that mean we be watching games throughout the night European time ?
Dallas

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:37 am
What's the time difference between USA, Canada and Mexico ?

Does that mean we be watching games throughout the night European time ?
Its 3hrs between east to west (New York to LA) but those same time zones also cover Canada and Mexico

US East coast is 5hrs behind us and the west coast 8hrs
SeaHorseRacing

Will be similar to Brazil World Cup I’d imagine. Japan/Korea world Cup was worse getting up at 6 am to watch a football game wasn’t easy... wait till Australia get one :lol:
Cards37

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:54 am
Will be similar to Brazil World Cup I’d imagine. Japan/Korea world Cup was worse getting up at 6 am to watch a football game wasn’t easy... wait till Australia get one :lol:
Haha that will never happen the way FIFA currently is
Euler

I fancy going in 2026, after all I'll probably be dead by the time FIFA actually give us a shot at hosting it.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:19 am
I fancy going in 2026, after all I'll probably be dead by the time FIFA actually give us a shot at hosting it.
Yes, I imagine tickets will be highly sought after!
SeaHorseRacing

Don’t kno what the winging about USA World Cup is about to be honest. Prob expensive but a great place to holidays, English speaking and probably have best stadiums in the world. I think as an spectator probably best place to go and actually watch a World Cup.
jimibt

thought a few of *US* might be interested to see how the other half live during this world cup. Day #1 and psychoff appears to have been doing rather well. Here's a P&L posted from his #worldcup2018 Discord feed (https://discordapp.com/channels/4489626 ... 5254988810):

if only i could do 5% of that!! lol
spreadbetting

I'd guess the late goals helped with his stye of betting
jimibt

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:41 pm
I'd guess the late goals helped with his stye of betting
struggling mind you to figure the -£3k loss on the OU25 market... guess that's why he's constantly in profit to such a large extent :D

Return to “Football trading”