Can you cash out just after a goal is scrored?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
ShaunWhite

pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:37 pm
I use to beat the delay by betting court side some years ago. But got arrested and ejected from a tennis match. What followed after I returned to the UK was a nightmare.
Why didn't you have discrete custom hardware like you have when you're card counting or timing roulette wheel spins? Like buttons in your shoe or pocket sending basic info to operators in the carpark. They select the event/stake etc and supervise. At key times the buttons are patched in directly for min delay. Were you actually sat there with an ipad ?

I suppose trading mules are expendible and that would take effort they're simply not worth.
BetScalper

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:02 pm
pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:37 pm
I use to beat the delay by betting court side some years ago. But got arrested and ejected from a tennis match. What followed after I returned to the UK was a nightmare.
Why didn't you have discrete custom hardware like you have when you're card counting or timing roulette wheel spins? Like buttons in your shoe or pocket sending basic info to operators in the carpark. They select the event/stake etc and supervise. At key times the buttons are patched in directly for min delay. Were you actually sat there with an ipad ?

I suppose trading mules are expendible and that would take effort they're simply not worth.
It was an iPhone. Sitting in second to last row on the end. It was a custom app with just a back/lay button. Trades were then closed out by a team back in the UK.

To be fair I got caught twice out of 135 games all over the place. First time was just asked to leave. Second time I was held by security staff and then arrested by French Police, held for a number of hours. Then rearrested at Dover, held for another 9 hours, information then passed to HMRC, who then opened a financial close inspection lasting nearly 2 years.

I think they all got pissed off because I refused to say who I was working for during that period.

Since then I have seen people doing it at T20 games both at home and abroad.

I still keep in touch with the people I worked for but don't get involved in doing it anymore.

Was never actually charged with any offense.
pdenoeud

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:55 pm
Not since FM went. DAB is slow and lousy sound quality in comparison, another 'improvement' that's worse than the original.
there aren't so many countries actually using DAB:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countries_using_DAB/DMB
Euler

I have an AM radio for football games.
Jukebox

LOL - even on 909 I usually hear your voice telling me the event has been suspended just as the commentry is telling me who is about to take the corner.
pdenoeud

Jukebox wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:03 pm
LOL - even on 909 I usually hear your voice telling me the event has been suspended just as the commentry is telling me who is about to take the corner.
Jukebox, what is 909?
ShaunWhite

Jukebox wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:03 pm
There's no doubt that trading ruins the pleasure of watching sport in that regard. It's like watching a movie with someone who keeps telling you what's going to happen. If we get to the WCF I'm watching it on TV, not on BA with that guy who keeps giving away spoilers.
ShaunWhite

pdenoeud wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:24 am
Jukebox, what is 909?
The FM frequency of BBC Radio 5 Live.
(I'm assuming he doesn't mean the iconic Roland drum machine of the same name)
rattri

Coming back to this topic, I have noticed that Betfair do not suspend the World Cup Winner market when a goal is scored so clearly an opportunity here in the knockout rounds if you have fast access to scores or match events...Belgium went out to 30 about 5 secs before the second goal went in on BBC1.
Micah1880

rattri wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:57 pm
Coming back to this topic, I have noticed that Betfair do not suspend the World Cup Winner market when a goal is scored so clearly an opportunity here in the knockout rounds if you have fast access to scores or match events...Belgium went out to 30 about 5 secs before the second goal went in on BBC1.
That is interesting.

I'm never going to be one of the first ones to react as I'll just be watching on TV. However I will take a look when there is a VAR incident or penalty.
max_usted

BetScalper wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:16 pm
pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:40 am
JTEDL wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 am
not possible to beat the delay, we'd all be doing it otherwise! bets are cancelled when market suspends

but would be interesting to hear if anyone has heard of beating the delay while being at an actual game itself?
I guess following the game on the radio (not a web radio, an old fashion radio), is quite the same as being at a game, in term of delays.
Anybody beat Betfair delay while listening the radio or being at the game physically?
What happened?
Derek27

max_usted wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:45 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:16 pm
pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:40 am

I guess following the game on the radio (not a web radio, an old fashion radio), is quite the same as being at a game, in term of delays.
Anybody beat Betfair delay while listening the radio or being at the game physically?
What happened?
He explained that in his following post to this thread.
BetScalper

As Derek said.

You really don't want an HMRC close inspection. Better off running to the Costa del Sol or saying Hi to Gary in Thailand etc.
Derek27

BetScalper wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm
Better off running to the Costa del Sol or saying Hi to Gary in Thailand etc.
First record I every bought was one of his. :oops:
BetScalper

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:17 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm
Better off running to the Costa del Sol or saying Hi to Gary in Thailand etc.
First record I every bought was one of his. :oops:
I will get ridiculed for saying it. But at the time we did not fully know what was about to come to light.

He was a great artist. But obviously troubled. Like allot of scholars.

It seems to be that anyone gifted has skeletons.

Makes me appreciate a friend I lost in the first Iraqi war. He wouldn't hurt a fly but died after handing some sweets to a young boy, turning around and stepping on a mine. We weren't allowed to recover what was left of his body for 72 hours. Allot of angry people that day.

Return to “Football trading”