Can you cash out just after a goal is scrored?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
pdenoeud

I am new to Betfair and I have a dumb question.
Let's say I backed a "less than 2.5 goals" result, I am following the game on the radio (so there is almost no delay compared to tv) and one team just scored a first goal.
Do I have a chance to cash out (ie lay the "less than 2.5 goals" result) very quickly before the odds increase, or in reality this is not possible?
If this is not possible, why? Robots or other people will always be faster than me, or betfair will prevent me from doing so?

If that is not possible, I guess I can still do it 2 seconds before the goal is probably scorred (for instance, one player faces the goalkeeper and he has great chances to score within 1-2 seconds)?

Thanks for your help!
Dallas

The short answer is no

Betfair will often suspend the market as soon as it looks like a goal will be scored (and unsuspend immediately if no goal)
Even if they didn't all in-play bets are delayed by 5-12 secs so they still have plenty of time to suspend before your bet ever reaches the market.
pdenoeud

Thanks Dallas

I understand better now why I often get the "suspended" status.
I had the impression that from BetAngel, the cashout option was executed almost immediatly. Maybe it is faster than when you cash out from Betfair website?
Maybe, when the bet is not suspended yet, the solution is to actually send a lay bet (if I backed first) instead of a cash out, so that it is treated faster than a cash out (even if in the end it is the same operation trigered : a lay bet)?
Dallas

pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:14 am
Thanks Dallas

I understand better now why I often get the "suspended" status.
I had the impression that from BetAngel, the cashout option was executed almost immediatly. Maybe it is faster than when you cash out from Betfair website?
Maybe, when the bet is not suspended yet, the solution is to actually send a lay bet (if I backed first) instead of a cash out, so that it is treated faster than a cash out (even if in the end it is the same operation trigered : a lay bet)?
The prices are refreshed over 50 times faster on Bet Angel than on the Betfair website so you will have more up to date information to react to although it's not that important in football markets, any order (bet) that is sent from Bet Angel is immediate but Betfair then park the order until the delay expires before submitting it into the market - just as they do when bets are submitted from there own site.

Cashing out / greening up is just a regular back or lay bet (its just the amount is calculated for you by the software or Bet Angel) ie, if you back first the cash out bet is a lay bet.
So the in-play delay remains the same no matter how/where you submit it.
JTEDL

not possible to beat the delay, we'd all be doing it otherwise! bets are cancelled when market suspends

but would be interesting to hear if anyone has heard of beating the delay while being at an actual game itself?
pdenoeud

JTEDL wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 am
not possible to beat the delay, we'd all be doing it otherwise! bets are cancelled when market suspends

but would be interesting to hear if anyone has heard of beating the delay while being at an actual game itself?
I guess following the game on the radio (not a web radio, an old fashion radio), is quite the same as being at a game, in term of delays.
Anybody beat Betfair delay while listening the radio or being at the game physically?
Jukebox

The radio in my kitchen can't even beat the delay of my radio in the living room !
BetScalper

pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:40 am
JTEDL wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 am

I guess following the game on the radio (not a web radio, an old fashion radio), is quite the same as being at a game, in term of delays.
Anybody beat Betfair delay while listening the radio or being at the game physically?
I use to beat the delay by betting court side some years ago. But got arrested and ejected from a tennis match. What followed after I returned to the UK was a nightmare.
pdenoeud

BetScalper wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:16 pm

I use to beat the delay by betting court side some years ago. But got arrested and ejected from a tennis match. What followed after I returned to the UK was a nightmare.
I guess it is easier for football, it's much more crowdy
ShaunWhite

pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:40 am
Not since FM went. DAB is slow and lousy sound quality in comparison, another 'improvement' that's worse than the original.
ShaunWhite

pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:37 pm
Why didn't you have discrete custom hardware like you have when you're card counting or timing roulette wheel spins? Like buttons in your shoe or pocket sending basic info to operators in the carpark. They select the event/stake etc and supervise. At key times the buttons are patched in directly for min delay. Were you actually sat there with an ipad ?

I suppose trading mules are expendible and that would take effort they're simply not worth.
BetScalper

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:02 pm
pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:37 pm
Why didn't you have discrete custom hardware like you have when you're card counting or timing roulette wheel spins? Like buttons in your shoe or pocket sending basic info to operators in the carpark. They select the event/stake etc and supervise. At key times the buttons are patched in directly for min delay. Were you actually sat there with an ipad ?

I suppose trading mules are expendible and that would take effort they're simply not worth.
It was an iPhone. Sitting in second to last row on the end. It was a custom app with just a back/lay button. Trades were then closed out by a team back in the UK.

To be fair I got caught twice out of 135 games all over the place. First time was just asked to leave. Second time I was held by security staff and then arrested by French Police, held for a number of hours. Then rearrested at Dover, held for another 9 hours, information then passed to HMRC, who then opened a financial close inspection lasting nearly 2 years.

I think they all got pissed off because I refused to say who I was working for during that period.

Since then I have seen people doing it at T20 games both at home and abroad.

I still keep in touch with the people I worked for but don't get involved in doing it anymore.

Was never actually charged with any offense.
pdenoeud

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:55 pm
Not since FM went. DAB is slow and lousy sound quality in comparison, another 'improvement' that's worse than the original.
there aren't so many countries actually using DAB:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countries_using_DAB/DMB
Euler

I have an AM radio for football games.
Jukebox

LOL - even on 909 I usually hear your voice telling me the event has been suspended just as the commentry is telling me who is about to take the corner.

Return to “Football trading”