Premier league relegation prices

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
faultythought

Fulham,

How are they not favourite for relegation? I have staked my wife's boob fund money on it.

Finished in the championship playoff positions, hardly signed anyone, currently couldn't name a full squad for a league game, only one average goalkeeper in the squad, surely they are in turmoil ? Sessegnon and Seri aside they are an average championship side!

I can't understand how they are similar price to Watford, who are an established prem team full of international players. What am i missing? makes no sense to me.
wearthefoxhat

faultythought wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:19 am
Fulham,

How are they not favourite for relegation? I have staked my wife's boob fund money on it.

Finished in the championship playoff positions, hardly signed anyone, currently couldn't name a full squad for a league game, only one average goalkeeper in the squad, surely they are in turmoil ? Sessegnon and Seri aside they are an average championship side!

I can't understand how they are similar price to Watford, who are an established prem team full of international players. What am i missing? makes no sense me.
Maybe the trend of recently promoted sides getting relegated within one season is on the decline. Last year, WBA, Swansea and Stoke were all previously moderate and fairly well established in the premier league..not any more.

Out of Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham I would think Cardiff are more likely as their Manager Neil Warnock record is poor in the top flight. He's excellent at getting teams promoted though. Should imagine he'll be the first casualty of the sacking merry go round. (Cardiff are fav's to go down).

Wolves have signed half of Portugal and clearly bossed the Championship, should be interesting to see how they adapt.

Fulham have one thing in their favour, they are London based and if the Manager is savvy enough, can easily grab a few players from Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal on loan. Logistically those players could stay based in London and continue playing Premiership first team football.

I think Huddersfield will struggle and one other wild card, maybe Crystal Palace. Woy got them playing well last year, but if the results go south, there are too many left in the squad that remember the bad start they had last year...Woy could be a fair price to be sacked first too.
LeTiss

Yeah, I agree with that

I think Cardiff will struggle, and Huddersfield too - they are my bankers.

Rumours continue about Wilfried Zaha. He is Palace's best player, and without him may have gone last season. If he gets sold, I reckon Plalace could be a decent price to go
CallumPerry

As a dedicated, passionate Wolves fan I have never been so excited to watch my team play. Got a few more big names linked with us apparently but even with who we have already I think we will have a fun season. Not getting ahead of myself though, just want a solid safe season where the goal is simply to survive first of all and begin to establish ourselves again.

I have not been to god awful dumps around the country in league 1 in the pouring rain cold of November to watch us just make up the numbers in the top league. Fortunately, I believe there are at least 3 worse teams than us to occupy the relegation places.

Serious question to you impartial lot, what position do you reckon Wolves will finish this season and why?
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:58 am
Rumours continue about Wilfried Zaha. He is Palace's best player, and without him may have gone last season. If he gets sold, I reckon Plalace could be a decent price to go
True, it's std Palace, sell anyone decent. We'll miss RLC too.
Kafkaesque

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:47 am
faultythought wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:19 am
Fulham,

I can't understand how they are similar price to Watford, who are an established prem team full of international players. What am i missing? makes no sense me.
Maybe the trend of recently promoted sides getting relegated within one season is on the decline. Last year, WBA, Swansea and Stoke were all previously moderate and fairly well established in the premier league..not any more.

Out of Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham I would think Cardiff are more likely as their Manager Neil Warnock record is poor in the top flight. He's excellent at getting teams promoted though. Should imagine he'll be the first casualty of the sacking merry go round. (Cardiff are fav's to go down).

Wolves have signed half of Portugal and clearly bossed the Championship, should be interesting to see how they adapt.

Fulham have one thing in their favour, they are London based and if the Manager is savvy enough, can easily grab a few players from Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal on loan. Logistically those players could stay based in London and continue playing Premiership first team football.

I think Huddersfield will struggle and one other wild card, maybe Crystal Palace. Woy got them playing well last year, but if the results go south, there are too many left in the squad that remember the bad start they had last year...Woy could be a fair price to be sacked first too.
Spot on, I'd say. You can stare yourself blind looking at the squads, but if recent trends has shown us anything, it is that squads don't matter as much as you'd think (at that end of the table). The most factor imo is the manager, the organisation around him, and the players buying into what he wants to do.

Anyone running a club, having half an ounce of football knowledge, can assemble a squad with enough quality with the money as it is in the PL. With a goal of 17th a good manager who can keep a sound defensive, combined with offering just enough going forward, are in good shape.

Specifically to Fulham they tick those boxes very much so for me. Also Sessegnon sticking around means much more than his quality on the pitch, in that it speaks volumes in terms of where they're at with the manager and the team's belief in him.

Warnock can certainly set up a team, but the game's moved beyond him, when they're on the ball, and it just won't be enough imho. And Watford. Well, what is there to believe in , if you find yourself at that club? Everyone, manager and players, seem to be perpetually on the chopping block, so they may make it again, but I'm left with a clear feeling that it's a house of cards just waiting to come crashing down.

Return to “Football trading”