Football - start times

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
allywhyte1

Has anyone else got issues with the start times of certain football leagues showing as an hour later? Seems to be just some of the smaller leagues but its playing havoc with the automation!
Kafkaesque

allywhyte1 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:24 pm
Has anyone else got issues with the start times of certain football leagues showing as an hour later? Seems to be just some of the smaller leagues but its playing havoc with the automation!
My thoughts upon seeing this a few days ago was simply, no I haven't had that issue, along with a short consideration whether it could be the time set on your computer causing it. Never got beyond that.

Now, I'm seeing the issue though. With what I deem medium-sized leagues, top tier in Russia, Mexico, South Korea, China and the second tier in Germany. Are those the ones, you'd deem "smaller leagues"? Or can we assume it's spreading to more leagues? I do love Betfair's discount rate feed provider :lol:

Did you write them about it?
Jukebox

I suspect that somewhere there is a mix up between BST and GMT
Kafkaesque

Jukebox wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:08 pm
I suspect that somewhere there is a mix up between BST and GMT
My initial thought as well. I did write them early this morning on it, and it's still an issue with about a quarter-ish of matches. I would like to think finding and fixing a BST/GMT issue would be a 15 minute fix.
Jukebox

Any files that take a position just before scheduled off time can't be trusted so I'm giving them a miss. I think the volumes are down on these matches that start an hour earlier than expected too.
Rinoa

6 matches in Japanese league all at wrong times this morning. Started at 11.00 - Betfair has them starting at 12.00.

Don't think it's a time zone issue. The matches Betfair had starting at 10.00 actually kicked off at 10.00.

Just the usual Betfair incompetence
MemphisFlash

Yes i saw that this morning also
Jukebox

Betfair are working on it - here a couple of responses I received:

"I have been in touch with management and it seems that this issue has already been raised to our traders as it has occurred to some people as you've said."

"They are currently looking into it and doing their best yes :)"
Kafkaesque

In practical terms, it's not that big an issue, to me. It astounds me though, that it isn't to Betfair, as it should in theory cost them plenty in the form of missing out on the money from those casual punters checking in to see what's up soon and tossing money in. Which leaves me with two worries.

If it's an "internal" issue, do they seriously not have a single coder on staff, who can put a smiple bug to bed in no time, much less within a 48 hour+ timeframe? If it's with "external provider", are they paying so little for services that they cannot demand, the provider get their act together right now and deliver what is being paid for? With the former, I'd hate to see their tech staff, if they get an actual issue. With the latter, well it would just be another concern on top of others with the level of providers chosen by the Exchange.

Secondly, even if they cannot fix it, surely they could spare a man to go through the fixture list and check times. At best, they've fixed it going forward, and have decided to say feck it to the fixtures already loaded up. The indifference there unfortunately speaks volumes, negatively, about the number of actual punters, ie. non- traders and non-bots, on the exchange.
allywhyte1

I have been away on holiday for a few days so wasn't able to follow up with Betfair, although there still seems to be an issue. The games in Sweden and Norway with KO at 6pm are showing as a 7pm KO time on Betfair.

I've been loading the games up to guardian and then changing the start time manually to keep me and the automation right but really shouldn't have to.

I have contacted betfair today
Euler

Lots of people complaining about this now: -

https://twitter.com/FTSIncome/status/10 ... 0415133697
Euler

It seems like Betfair are not working to solve this issue:-

https://twitter.com/ed_yew/status/1041631486628245504
Jukebox

If it was hurting them it would would have been solved by now - its difficult not to conclude that it is suiting them in some way.
Kafkaesque

They took much too long about it, but to be fair, they do seem to have solved it. I haven't seen an issue for a week or two, and the above example seems more a manual mistake of not getting any input in to offset from a standard time of 00:00, as oppossed to the previous issue of loads of matches being 1 hour off.

Return to “Football trading”