VAR impact

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
eminbe

Hi
On a game today St Etienne v Amiens there was a goal in the second half I have traded out a profit after 3 minutes the VIR was used and the goal was disallowed. Three minutes straight after the game ended I check my Betting Profit & Loss my trade profit was there. After trading on some other games I checked my Betting Profit & Loss and it showed that I lost all my liability on St Etienne v Amiens game.

I wonder if that's cause of the VAR, I lost a lot of money :-(, is there a way to claim it back.
Last edited by eminbe on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jukebox

Betfair understandably could see this sort of thing coming and have included it in their rules:

https://betting.betfair.com/betfair-ann ... 118-6.html
cypha

I contacted customer services and got an apology for the delay in voiding, but no chance of voiding my entry position. I think as soon as the goal was disallowed, they should have voided the bets placed after the last suspension, it's not really acceptable to wait until 90 minutes after the match finished and then void one half of a trade.
eminbe

Jukebox wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:45 pm
Betfair understandably could see this sort of thing coming and have included it in their rules:

https://betting.betfair.com/betfair-ann ... 118-6.html
They should inform the users when VAR impact like this happen with a trading bets cancellation on the spot, some of us don't watch the games live and as soon as we trade profit we jump to another market.
MemphisFlash

claiming money back from betfair, Good luck with that!!!!. maybe you see pink elephants or something but you got no chance mate!!!
northbound

I believe that Betfair policy on VAR is flawed.

Policies should be really really really really REALLY simple. As simple as: all bets stand, if you get involved in a market, please remember that a goal can be disallowed following VAR review. Full stop.

But no, they have to complicate matters by saying that if a goal gets disallowed, they will void all bets since the time of the goal till the time it was disallowed.

This brings confusion. Betfair, if you’re reading this, please: we need SIMPLICITY, not confusion.

Unfortunately, I believe that this type of policy is in place not to protect customers, but to protect Betfair’s own trading algorithms.
MemphisFlash

the policy is really simple and that is - you know what your doing and you know the risk, and you know we will screw you for VAR and also we will screw you whenever we can legally. What can be more simple than that!!!!
northbound

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:08 pm
we will screw you for VAR
Unfortunately you're right, Memphis.

In spite of my frustration for their lack of simplicity, I can't really blame Betfair. When you don't have any real competition, you can get away with pretty much anything.
faultythought

I hate VAR.!!!!
Firstly its cost me a small fortune in awarding completely accidental handball penalties and now I can't bet on inplay markets anymore!!!!

Betfair helps response:
Hello there. Following on from a recent review of internal processes on Football In-Play management, we have made a decision to slightly adjust the way we operate some football markets. The rationale for the change is based on the extra workload we have experienced this year from having to deal with a large amount of VAR incidents.
As a result of the recent changes that we have implemented, there will be some changes to our current in-play football market offering. These following markets will only be Offered Pre-Play: To Score, Next Goalscorer, To Score 2 Goals or More, To Score Hat-trick, Corners O/U, Bookings Odds, Penalty Taken?, Hat-Trick scored?

I assume they just want to cut some costs as i can't imagine it would save much time to manage the markets they got rid of. Is the management of the markets not all automated.
spreadbetting

The trouble is they can't simply close and settle quickly like they used to on those markets as most were simply automated of the main market, now they have to monitor them before deciding to settle as rolling back settled markets is a real pain for them to do. I'd also guess the hassle they get isn't worth it either as they're not exactly high liquidity markets.
ShaunWhite

faultythought wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:13 pm
now I can't bet on inplay markets anymore!!!!
These following markets will only be Offered Pre-Play: To Score, Next Goalscorer, To Score 2 Goals or More, To Score Hat-trick, Corners O/U, Bookings Odds, Penalty Taken?, Hat-Trick scored?
Who bets those in-play anyway? You can see why they're not bothering, everytime there's a VAR descision, customer support lines are ablaze with people moaning about it because they lost.
faultythought

Well i did bet on those markets and with a 20+% return per bet you don't have to bet a lot to make a lot.
Just annoyed as not sure how VAR has any relation to the markets as they very rarely pay out quick enough for VAR to be an issue and other betting companies can cope with operating the markets.
Kafkaesque

What gets me is that I'm more and more seeing extremely late adjustments. Or so it would seem; as it hasn't impacted me so far. I can just see that they're resettling markets very often. Both the Sevilla and Inter matches from yesterday has just now been resettled a full 24 hours after the match has finished.
JTEDL

JTEDL

Not sure if anyone was watching/ trading Atletico Madrid earlier, I had already placed a bet beforehand, but after the first goal which went to VAR, the market stayed open during the decision, odds dropped and jumped around 1.5-1.7 for a bit and was not suspended at all, so possible to bet, then down to about 1.2 when goal given. Maybe this is something to do with updated rules mentioned above.

IMO was offside, but i took my green and ran! :lol:

Return to “Football trading”