New Fulham Manager

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
brimson25

LeTiss

If he keeps them up.......will they be 5000/1 for the title next year?
Euler

It's probably would a lay on Fulham for relegation as they will probably get a bounce after this appointment.
Kafkaesque

Euler wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:50 am
It's probably would a lay on Fulham for relegation as they will probably get a bounce after this appointment.
You'll be getting my money in the case. The level of incompetence with this decision process is baffling to me. You go from getting promoted in a highly competetive league with an untouchable number one, playing some blinding football along the way --> retaining the biggest talent in British football since Bale, at least outside the PL if not overall --> making at least two marquee signings, by the club's standards, which were made with a view to continue their expansive football --> a third of the way through the season you panic and go from expansive to pragmatic.

I feel, PL-history is pretty clear on this one. The most sustainable succes coming up comes from having a clear identity and philosophy, while adding some quality here and there to the core squad you have. Swansea being the prime example from the recent past, who incidently went tits up when they went off from their own identity, starting with Monk. More recently WBA, Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton, and Huddersfield come to mind. Whereas teams just whacking at the transfer market and panicking with the managerial seat suffer. QPR, Boro, and Cardiff off the top of my head.

Ranieri is a coup by Fulham on face of it, but unless he gets them off to a flier from the word go, I suspect the squad will be looking around at each thinking what in the World is going, and lose faith in the organisation that is the football club, which is even more dangerous than losing faith in the manager.
dogs

At least it wasn't Sam Allardyce or David Moyes!
JTEDL

dogs wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:50 pm
At least it wasn't Sam Allardyce or David Moyes!
Or Pardew, all looking for work :lol:

Wasn't expecting the Ranieri news today, bit of a surprise. I would imagine a new manager bounce as Peter suggests, 1.76 to lay relegation. Or next game home to Saints - back Fulham 2.72 or lay Saints 2.82 at moment might be bigger payoff (sorry know there's a few fans on here!)

Return to “Football trading”