Match fixing impact

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
seizetday

Hi guys I am a new member of this forum who has been engaging in football betting for the last one year. Obviously the scourge of effective football prediction and betting success is match fixing.Would you guys share your wisdom on how to protect myself from being burnt by it-what is it we can do to minimise its dire results?
jimibt

seizetday wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:11 pm
Hi guys I am a new member of this forum who has been engaging in football betting for the last one year. Obviously the scourge of effective football prediction and betting success is match fixing.Would you guys share your wisdom on how to protect myself from being burnt by it-what is it we can do to minimise its dire results?
all i can offer is the wisdom that you are unlikely to find widespread fixing in games beyond the minor leagues (and even then, not sure how you would truly identify it). the major leagues are a differnt beast and are regulated to a very exacting standard. add to that the liquidity that you have on the major leagues and you'll wonder why you botherted with the tinpot games in the 1st place. also, if looking at the major european leagues, there is a wealth of stats out there to allow you to backtest any stategies to the nth degree, without fear of being burnt. of course, as you well know, life in the real markets can be different and this is where money managment and discipline come to the fore to provide you with a degree of confidence that will allow you to party on the games that you've selected, with less concern about fixing per se...

Return to “Football trading”