FA Cup 2019

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

Just been looking at the markets ahead of tomorrows matches and it's amazing how weak the markets are. Even if I wanted to get onto some decent positions it seems nobody is willing to be on the other side.

Will look again tomorrow.
spreadbetting

Football markets in general on the exchange are so weak these days. It's amazing just how liquidity has dropped off a cliff, even prem games don't get any money untilclose to the off nowadays. I guess there's so much commission free choice out there why would anyone bother betting football on the exchange, I only do it to generate comms x-matching and that's a lot harder than it used to be.
JTEDL

I agree, will check again nearer time, probably just the televised games. Although I tend to avoid FA cup matches, even some Championship teams put out a weakened side now.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:50 pm
Even if I wanted to get onto some decent positions it seems nobody is willing to be on the other side.
You're training too many people to always make offers rather than occasionally taking them. I'm sure you've got strategies that will stand losing that 1 extra tick so genrating a bit of action is at your behest? If everyone worked the PW way then all markets would be like this :)
Euler

Looking at the spreads nobody is doing anything.
LeTiss

Dead. Nothing happening at all
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:30 pm
Looking at the spreads nobody is doing anything.
Ante-up then ;)
Seriously though it's hard to make competative offers when it's basically football bingo. But whoever put up Lincoln at 26 has just taken £2 of my money so I'm doing my bit to get things moving :)
Euler

I was going to close the spreads and see if there are any takers.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:00 pm
It's the first proper weekend after xmas, everyone's skint and January is a long month....and stockpiling baked beans ready for April is a priority for the housekeeping money too :) I predict lean times for the leisure punting industry in 2019, less dispoable income = less playtime at the bookies.
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:12 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:00 pm
It's the first proper weekend after xmas, everyone's skint and January is a long month....and stockpiling baked beans ready for April is a priority for the housekeeping money too :) I predict lean times for the leisure punting industry in 2019, less dispoable income = less playtime at the bookies.
Add in the mix; FOBT action £2 max per spin from £100, from April 2019... (bookies are said to derive half their revenue from them)

FOBT.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:05 pm
Add in the mix; FOBT action £2 max per spin from £100, from April 2019... (bookies are said to derive half their revenue from them)
Maybe some of that £900m will go over their counter and help to boost what's been lost from horses and dogs to the FOBTs in previous years?
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:57 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:05 pm
Maybe some of that £900m will go over their counter and help to boost what's been lost from horses and dogs to the FOBTs in previous years?
Could happen, more likely shop closures will occur first (more grief for the high street). Nowadays, they lack vision and remain stubborn not wanting to pay the right amount of levy to go towards improving prize money in racing overall...

Also colossus with tote betting may have an opportunity to step up and make a difference....

Return to “Football trading”