User interfaces need updating

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
ShaunWhite

People have been using high speed systems and dabbling with ai and machine learning for years. I know people who've been in that field for at least 8yrs and I don't even profess to know that many people in the business. The day BF created an api, they were on the case. I can't see their effect on the market changing much any time soon. Besides until an automated system can assess the condition of a horse or its behavior going down, then there'll be trends and moves manual traders can exploit. It's also the case that automation is a game of numbers and the fat finger thread is full of outlying situations where bots have made suboptimal decisions which are irrelevant in their grand scheme, but which a decent manual trader can exploit.
Dallas

There's no doubt there's been a huge increase in automation in recent years but I think there'll be a place for both for many years to come
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm
There's no doubt there's been a huge increase in automation in recent years but I think there'll be a place for both for many years to come
That's right there are lots more but they're often just competing with each other in a market within a market. I think you only need to look at what's happened in the City, automation as been around since the late 80s but there's still plenty of manged funds (incl most of our pensions no doubt) and that's despite millions being throw at system to monitor sentiment and news feeds aside from the numbers. I'm not sure the pickings are rich enough in sports betting to attract game changing levels of investment better spent in financials.

Return to “Football trading”