User interfaces need updating

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
soccersaint

I think it is a valid point suggested on here numerous times by numerous subscribers of BA, can we improve market + match loading in guardian, especially football and offer an improved way to view open markets.

Can we make it more efficient for users to have the above without changing the UI ...... the answer is YES l feel we can.

Auto loading your leagues and markets at one click from a “My Markets” menu would help. Could markets be viewed in a coupon similar to a watch list but with each match having their individual markets on that coupon ?

Could it even be possible to place a trade from the bottom coupon in Guardian rather than spawning a further one click screen ? Why do I need so much monitor real estate and screen space for all these lists from the “ pin it here and pin it there brigade” when betfair themselves manage to offer a nice simple solution in one easy view coupon !

Maybe the good Doctor has a point Shaun :roll:
ShaunWhite

I'm all for more functionality, especially around related markets. What I wouldn't like to see is a stylised interface just to give it shelf appeal. The benefit of the infragistics controls BA uses, is that they work in a familiar and intuitive way.

All that said they could do with hiring a good artist for a week and getting them to design some alternative colour palettes. The std one is a bit incipid and a choice of day theme / night theme would be a nice touch and ones for people with colour differentiation issues too.
soccersaint

I don’t think the user interface needs changing, I do think the market loading for football needs serious attention though.

Loading markets to Guardian...
Racing and greyhounds has a nice feel quick pic list ... football has a nice ish Search Markets feature and an awful Soccer tab.

The search markets tab just needs updating to make it just as easy and quick to load your preferred football markets as it is for the Horse and Greyhound markets. You don’t need to type in every time for those markets so why make football market loading so tedious. You could customise the search markets list, but the point I am making is why make us do that when a simple fix would give us a proper soccer quick pic list...it has to be an area that is improved as every one loads guardian everyday for automation... and they all must be asking the same question if it’s football markets they are loading...
It has been said trading psychology is as much about enjoying the experience as it is anything else...and I hate the current format for loading football....

Anyone agree or agree to disagree....?
BetScalper

The way forward Is automation and not just when it comes to trading.

Many things are going to change in the next 5 to 10 years through AI.

It will come down to who is faster, fully automated machine or manual button/mouse clicker.

Millions will become unemployable and face the same fate as the DODO.
drwho

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:07 pm
The way forward Is automation and not just when it comes to trading.

Many things are going to change in the next 5 to 10 years through AI.

It will come down to who is faster, fully automated machine or manual button/mouse clicker.

Millions will become unemployable and face the same fate as the DODO.
Totally agree and the speed with which this will happen will surprise almost everyone. We're really not prepared for what is coming. What this has to do with my OP I've no idea but it's a really interesting subject.
ShaunWhite

People have been using high speed systems and dabbling with ai and machine learning for years. I know people who've been in that field for at least 8yrs and I don't even profess to know that many people in the business. The day BF created an api, they were on the case. I can't see their effect on the market changing much any time soon. Besides until an automated system can assess the condition of a horse or its behavior going down, then there'll be trends and moves manual traders can exploit. It's also the case that automation is a game of numbers and the fat finger thread is full of outlying situations where bots have made suboptimal decisions which are irrelevant in their grand scheme, but which a decent manual trader can exploit.
Dallas

There's no doubt there's been a huge increase in automation in recent years but I think there'll be a place for both for many years to come
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm
There's no doubt there's been a huge increase in automation in recent years but I think there'll be a place for both for many years to come
That's right there are lots more but they're often just competing with each other in a market within a market. I think you only need to look at what's happened in the City, automation as been around since the late 80s but there's still plenty of manged funds (incl most of our pensions no doubt) and that's despite millions being throw at system to monitor sentiment and news feeds aside from the numbers. I'm not sure the pickings are rich enough in sports betting to attract game changing levels of investment better spent in financials.

Return to “Football trading”