under 2.5 goals with green all selections when target met

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
nikolaychristov

Hi! I want to share a strategy with you and ask for your opinion and help based on your experience.

1. you select 30 football matches starting at the same time - England is perfect.
2. you place a bet on under 2.5 goals on 2.8 or higher - this means a goal or two should be scored.
3. you plase 10 eur each if the criteria +2.8 is met - this means if all bets are matched - 300 eur. It doesnt match all the positions as some goals are scored late in the game or not at all.
4. you monitor all inplay selections and in case you achieve a target profit for ALL SELECTIONS you green_all. So you need a comulative P&L monitoring - some will green on loss, some will green with a profit. The idea is that the profit is higher than the loss amount.

My questions:
1. which is the best way to do that - can I monitor all games and green all in bet angel directly or have to go with an .xl sheet.
2. anylone experiences who can help me to develop the strategy deeper?
3. there are some bugs for auto green up such as if a market goes over 2.5 goals, before closing, betfair puts 1000, which is catched by betangel and makes an auto greenup, which leads to a loss - any idea how to manage this?
4. I have tested this strategy and found some other problems but I am not very familliar with the softwear and not sure if I do all correct.

Thanks!
jimibt

hi there,

in answer to your question(s):

1. You can MONITOR all games in bet angle via a watch list, but you cannot automatically green up on a target, you'd need to use excel functionality for this

2. I have experience of this and can offer suggestions as the need arises

3. You can manage your autogreen inside excel also but can use a rule inside BA to only trigger the green if the odds are below 1000 (or some other chosen value)

4. this will come with time and experience :D

In short, ALMOST anything is possible when combining BA with excel usage. However, it is not an overnight process -i.e. it does take some time to become proficient in its use and also a huge amount of testing is (understandably) required. this may or may not require you to have some form of backtesting data in place. I would recommend getting familiar with excel integration and looking to define some sort of framework to save the games of interest (via excel) to either a json document or csv. you can then examine, for a defined period (6-8 weeks), the games of interest and then review your greening/staking policy.

I'm sure you'll get a variety of suggestions, so take your time before committing to one way or or another of doing any of the above.

Return to “Football trading”