World Cup - Day two ratings

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

England vs US - Market is forecasting 2.50 goals with at least 1.70 to England, leaving a paltry 0.30 to the US.

South Korea vs Bankrupt Economy - Market is forecasting just 2 goals pretty evenly split. Should be an 'interesting' game.

Due to lack of data, i.e. world cup, neutral grounds etc. etc. It's tough to give you a brilliant steer on similar matches in the past. I am much better at league football. There is more data and matches in league football, so that is where the bread and butter is. But, most matches similar to England's have ended in comfortable wins for the stronger team. There is only one example from the, albeit small, data set that I have where the weaker team won and that was only by one goal.

I won't be trading in-play on the England match as my emotions will probably get in the way, but I will on all other matches that I can.
Human123

Englands price has been drifting all morning from 1.53 now to 1.58 to back and WOM indicates it will dirft even more..

I dont normally trade pre-match so was wondering what the reason for this might be?

I always thought englands price would steam on matchday due to patriotism?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I'd be tempted to start backing at this level, top of the range.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Hilarious!

Human123

I looked at oddschecker and englands best price is 1.53... so adding the betfair 5% and 1.58 to back seems to be the correct price which it currently is...

Im still new to this so wondering why you would say that those odds are the top of the range? Is the price likely to steam in now it seems to have reached its peak or is that the "correct" price?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Unless there is shock team news the odds shouldn't move that much so if it's trading at a new high the chance of it trading even higher are less likley IMHO.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The trouble with all short price odds though is that they are volatile by nature so when trading shorter odds, expect a bumpy ride.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Typically blunt display by England I thought. £27m matched on the match odds market is decent total though.
100612 - World Cup Football - England vs USA - Full time - 1-1 - Odds.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lilgreenback

How Lame some positives but too few

Did Peperami make a voice over for the England Team as well as all the others something like "England, England, we should poke you in the eyes and give you a yellow labrador cause a blind man could hold on to a lead! You over paid pampered jessies... AHHH ha hah hah ha

Maybe we had better keep the plane fuelled and the bus ready as I think we'll be coming home, coming home, Englan coming home; are we too enthusiastic or easily disappointed.

Cheering weakly n hoping

LilGB

Return to “Football trading”