Asian Markets

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Archangel

Wondering if anyone is trading football markets directly in Asia or through brokers there? And if so what has the experience been
pythonic

The asian books are not exchange based. You can hit their lines if you think you have an edge against them, but you cant exactly "trade" them.
Archangel

pythonic wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:00 am
The asian books are not exchange based. You can hit their lines if you think you have an edge against them, but you cant exactly "trade" them.
Apologies. I meant is anyone taking their lines directly with brokers in Asia ?
pythonic

Yes, I take lines on a regular basis.
Some of the big brokers have aggregation platforms which allow you to select the best odds on a match from a range of asian bookies.
The asians tend to be competitive on asian handicap lines and some have large limits very early compared to betfair. Otherwise it depends on your sports and strategies.
Some of the bookies are known to void bets if they don't like your action, others don't.
It's a reputation based business.
But the asians are sharp, so don't expect crazy out of line odds like you might find at european soft bookies.
Archangel

I believe there are arbing opportunities between the Asian 'sharps' and the european 'softs'

The only problem would be getting on
pythonic

Yes, definitely. Until the soft bookies limit you.

Return to “Football trading”