Market suspended for 90 minutes!!

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
welshboy06

ChrisF wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:10 pm
Surely then all bets will be voided and no losses?
Why would your bets be voided if a market doesn't go in play?
cybernet69

ChrisF wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:10 pm
Surely then all bets will be voided and no losses?
I am no expert on the matter but what could happen is the following....

1. Market is supposed to go in-play and therefore it has a flag in the api meaning in-play supported.
2. Your bets are set to keep.
3. They forget to turn the market in-play until 10 mins, 20 mins, 30 mins, halftime or not at all.

I have no idea what would happen to your bets in such a scenario. But it could be dangerous because they suddenly turn it in-play, in the meantime goals have been scored and your strategy/bot goes haywire as the odds would have increased or decreased very quickly.

In such a situation then your strategy may or may not fail etc
ChrisF

:) So betfair take no responsibility of markets errors, in this case a predefined schedule not been honored.

Forgive me but I'm new to the soccer market, other then goals scored what are the other reasons i see the market suppended for short periods?
cybernet69

ChrisF wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:56 pm
:) So betfair take no responsibility of markets errors, in this case a predefined schedule not been honored.

Forgive me but I'm new to the soccer market, other then goals scored what are the other reasons i see the market suppended for short periods?
I not sure, maybe...

- Red cards
- Free kicks
- Corners
- Supporter running on the pitch

You need to read Betfairs T&Cs

I think they used to void and refund your bets. Don't know if they still do though.

They did it on a horse race once I was trading, lost money, never got a refund.

Greyhounds is the worse with races being suspended up to 35 seconds before the scheduled start time. Couldn't close my trades and ended losing £67. I complained and they said it was out of there hands and down to schedule clash or some other crap reason.
ChrisF

Betfair Rules :)
1.3Soccer markets (with the exception of Australian soccer markets) - not suspending at kick-off or on the occurrence of a Material Event
Not suspending at kick-off •In relation to soccer markets that are scheduled to be turned in-play, Betfair aims to use its reasonable endeavours to turn such markets in-play at kick-off and to suspend such markets on the occurrence of a Material Event (see definition of "Material Event" below).
•The relevant scheduled kick-off time should be set out in the Market Information. However, regardless of what it says in the Market Information, Betfair does not guarantee that such markets will be suspended and turned in-play at kick-off.
•If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not suspend the market at kick-off and the market is not turned in-play at any time during the match, all bets matched after the scheduled time of the kick-off will be void.
•If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not suspend the market at kick-off (so unmatched bets are not cancelled at that time), but the market is turned in-play at a later time during the match, all bets matched after the scheduled time of the kick-off and before the first "Material Event" will stand. However, if there has been one or more "Material Events", any bets matched between the first "Material Event" and the market being turned in-play will be void.
Not suspending on the occurrence of a Material Event •If Betfair does not suspend a market on time for the occurrence of a Material Event, Betfair reserves the right to void bets unfairly matched after the Material Event has occurred. Voiding of these bets may take place during the event or retrospectively once a game is completed.
Definition of “Material Event” •For the purpose of these Exchange Rules, a "Material Event" shall mean a goal being scored, a penalty being awarded or a player being sent off.
On Fire

in such case I would hedge my bets at bookmakers

Return to “Football trading”