Market suspended for 90 minutes!!

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
haukacik

Anyone had this experience?...today I wanted to trade 2 friendly matches...I place 1 lay bet on draw and one on under/over. Both bets were placed before the start.
Then I wanted to place my back bets later during inplay.

But whe those matches went inplay, they were suspended and stayed like that for 90 minutes...and I lost €36 because I did not a chance to trade inplay...as I watched those matches I could be in profit...this way I lost.

I contacted BF...they didnt provide any explanaition, just said I had to expect that there would not be always possibility to trade....what can I do about this?

How can I trust BF and trade? what if this happens again???
dan_payne182

Not all football markets go in play. Its normally the less well known games that don't. I'm not sure of the reason for this, maybe because the low liquidity just wouldnt be worth it, Or because they don't have the resources to impliment a market suspension when events in the match happen, such as a goal. Anyway! When your viewing a market there should be a "Going in-play" box directly under the team names, and to the left of "Live scores" and "Form stats". if there isn't, then there is no in-play market. hope this helps :)
andyfuller

Sometimes Betfair will not be able to get a feed for the game despite thinking they will so the market could be showing as going inplay but near k.o. they will have a problem and not get the feed. However, they post this up in the announcements section of their forum so always worth a check there before taking a position inplay.

Don't think that happened in this case though as I can't see anything about a problem. Probably best to email Betfair and ask why.
haukacik

thank you ...your replies helped :) learnt a new thing...unfortunately I had to pay for it :(
herbie

The answer to this is for BF to allow all games to go inplay unmanaged. It saves them money and it also allows all markets to be traded... simple.
LeTiss

I don't understand why they don't let all football matches go 'in play'

Sure, the massive majority will be unmanaged, but let's face it - every single Tennis match is unmanaged, so are Horses etc

It's then up to the backers/layers and traders to form the markets and keep their fingers on pulses for latest scores etc
enzabella2009

haukacik wrote:Anyone had this experience?...today I wanted to trade 2 friendly matches...I place 1 lay bet on draw and one on under/over. Both bets were placed before the start.
Then I wanted to place my back bets later during inplay.

But whe those matches went inplay, they were suspended and stayed like that for 90 minutes...and I lost €36 because I did not a chance to trade inplay...as I watched those matches I could be in profit...this way I lost.

I contacted BF...they didnt provide any explanaition, just said I had to expect that there would not be always possibility to trade....what can I do about this?

How can I trust BF and trade? what if this happens again???

Before betting or trading on a Football match make sure to check that the game goes in play. On Matchodds or all the markets available on that match ( betfair page) there should be a grey square above the market odds on the right side of the screen. If you can`t find such grey square the market will be suspended on kick off for 90 minutes. best way to check on betangel is when the match has multiple markets available.
EXAMPLE: LOKOMOTIV vs DINAMO BUCAREST today has 14 markets available. it will go in play
BRAZIL vs NETHERLAND today has 54 markets available. it will go in play.
LIMERIK37 vs WATERFORD today has 2 markets available.
It will supsended at KICK OFF for 90 minutes.
Bare in mind that some matches that go in play also have some unpopular markets that could be suspended on kick off for 90 minutes. If betfair stated the match odds go in play but they suspend the game on kick off, it means betfair engineer are having tecnical problem to go in play ( the most common is the live picture faulty feed cable. betfair will open the market in play as soon they can. If they fail to open the market whitin the 45 minutes of the 1st half, betfair will open the market on 1st half break for 15 minutes. so you have 15 minutes window to adjust or green up your bets. bare in mind that sometimes the game will be resuspended on the start of the second half.
mpendle

Just check the rules tab, it should say in there if it will go in play.
ChrisF

Can Betangel still not show whether a market will go into play or not?
cybernet69

In BA automation you can have a rule to check if the market is inplay or not inplay.

Just use that ?
ChrisF

Hi

Thats no good if your working before and after kick off, I have seen the indication on the betfair site that a market can be "Cashed Out" which is a indication of the market going into play, can't betangel pickup this marker with a condition. Otherwise its a matter of looking at every game on the betfair site and looking for the indication. Or maybe soccer mystic indicates this 100%?
cybernet69

ChrisF wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:34 am
Hi

Thats no good if your working before and after kick off, I have seen the indication on the betfair site that a market can be "Cashed Out" which is a indication of the market going into play, can't betangel pickup this marker with a condition. Otherwise its a matter of looking at every game on the betfair site and looking for the indication. Or maybe soccer mystic indicates this 100%?
If its not in play and minutes since last suspension > x seconds then do strategy A
if its in play and minutes since last suspension > x seconds then do strategy B

Whats the problem then ?
ChrisF

Because I'm designing a bot that will be involved Pre and Post off and I will have a postition that goes into play, if the market does not go into play I will not be able to get out. Therefore I need to know before hand whether the market is designated to go into live. This now involves a lot of research, I planned just to apply the bot to all the markets I was interested in with a volumne condition.
cybernet69

ChrisF wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:46 pm
Because I'm designing a bot that will be involved Pre and Post off and I will have a postition that goes into play, if the market does not go into play I will not be able to get out. Therefore I need to know before hand whether the market is designated to go into live. This now involves a lot of research, I planned just to apply the bot to all the markets I was interested in with a volumne condition.
Understood.

But, just because a market is designated to go in-play does not mean it will.

There have been instances where someone at BF forgets to switch the market in-play. It's a manual operation and not automated etc.
ChrisF

Surely then all bets will be voided and no losses?

Return to “Football trading”