Typical Liquidity in Belorussian League?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Alexander_99

Since the Belarus Premier League is the only active league in Europe at the moment, I imagine that the liquidity on match odds and under/over goal markets is several times higher than usual. In a normal situation, does anyone here know what the is typical liquidity like for an average match there? Can the markets (especially goal markets) handle back stakes between £500 - £1000?

Edit. Further, does anyone know how does the "normal" liquidity in Belarus compare with liquidity in other top division Eastern European leagues that have live pictures available on betfair/b365, for example in Romania, Czech Republic, Russia?
megarain

The games are streamed on Bet365 - and the later the game, generally more liquidity.

The late-game trades about $2m match odds, and maybe 200k on the over/under 2.5 goals.

The avg amount in the first 3 boxes of the match odds in 3-4k+ .. you can get a decent-sized position, there are no gaps in the market.
xtrader16

Im learning to trade these games without watching them. Just trading the numbers and offsetting any losses by hedging in other markets. Securing Green on the initial market then using that to off set losses in the secondry markets. Going quite well. Max risk on any game is £100. When goals go in taking the Green. Only 8% of games end up 0-0.
Alexander_99

xtrader16 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:02 pm
Im learning to trade these games without watching them. Just trading the numbers and offsetting any losses by hedging in other markets. Securing Green on the initial market then using that to off set losses in the secondry markets. Going quite well. Max risk on any game is £100. When goals go in taking the Green. Only 8% of games end up 0-0.
How does 8% of games ending 0-0 compare with other leagues? I'd imagine the back odds on correct score and under 0.5 market take this into account.
Alexander_99

megarain wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:51 am
The games are streamed on Bet365 - and the later the game, generally more liquidity.

The late-game trades about $2m match odds, and maybe 200k on the over/under 2.5 goals.

The avg amount in the first 3 boxes of the match odds in 3-4k+ .. you can get a decent-sized position, there are no gaps in the market.
Thanks megarain.
rik

xtrader16 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:02 pm
lay under markets and then back correct scores? arent those markets in line with each other like under 1,5 always similiar to 0-0 1-0 0-1
Kai

Alexander_99 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:30 am
Further, does anyone know how does the "normal" liquidity in Belarus compare with liquidity in other top division Eastern European leagues that have live pictures available on betfair/b365, for example in Romania, Czech Republic, Russia?
Aleksandr it's not much use to compare these meerkats.

In a normal situation people wouldn't even know the Belarus played any football.
Alexander_99

Kai wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:11 pm
Alexander_99 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:30 am
Further, does anyone know how does the "normal" liquidity in Belarus compare with liquidity in other top division Eastern European leagues that have live pictures available on betfair/b365, for example in Romania, Czech Republic, Russia?
Aleksandr it's not much use to compare these meerkats.

In a normal situation people wouldn't even know the Belarus played any football.
Well, on the contrary, I am glad about the situation we find ourselves because I've traded Belarus very successfully for the last 5 weeks, and that's why I wanted to find out how the liquidity there measures up in normal circumstances...
Kai

Was speaking in jest.

It's a good test of your adaptability overall but I wouldn't count on it long term.

Kickoff times obviously play a big role, if there's nothing else currently on then nearly any match can get to decent numbers, the money will jump from market to market like in some other sports, that is why you see decent liquidity on some Russian or Japanese matches because of their weird kickoff times. And some late evening Spanish kickoffs that can rival Premier League matches in terms of liquidity. If they all went off at the same time, the story would be a bit different. I hate too many matches going off at the same time, like the Saturday rush hour, there's good volume spread out everywhere but the fillrates in general can be garbage so the markets aren't as liquid as they might appear (something that Peter just made a video about), ideally I'd like one center of attention market that is flush with cash.

Return to “Football trading”