Soccer mystic question

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
parbynat

10 mins before kick off I placed a lay bet on the home team at 1.98. I then opened up SM to see what the predicted price would be if the home team was 1 goal down at halftime, it predicted the price would be a tad higher than 7. I thought that seemed a bit high but just closed the window and started to watch the game.
By halftime the home team was losing 2-1 but instead of being around 7's it was sat at 2.88.
Can someone explain as to why there was such a gulf in differance?
Or have I messed up somewhere.
My signal at the time was 4/5.
Thanks
Kafkaesque

parbynat wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:59 pm
10 mins before kick off I placed a lay bet on the home team at 1.98. I then opened up SM to see what the predicted price would be if the home team was 1 goal down at halftime, it predicted the price would be a tad higher than 7. I thought that seemed a bit high but just closed the window and started to watch the game.
By halftime the home team was losing 2-1 but instead of being around 7's it was sat at 2.88.
Can someone explain as to why there was such a gulf in differance?
Or have I messed up somewhere.
My signal at the time was 4/5.
Thanks
It would be easier to answer, if you provided something as basic as which match it is.

1.98 pre (if that was the kickoff price), and 2,88 at 1-2 HT, then off the top of my head, I can only think of three scenarios.

1) One or more red cards to the away team
2) The home was dominating to the extent that they're coming in wave after wave and looking like scoring on every one of those occasions. Would have to be pretty crazy domination to be that price at HT
3) The match is fixed.
parbynat

Thanks for responding.
I'll look into the game for clues.

Return to “Football trading”