Lay the Draw

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
BKKBhoy

Hi Everyone,
New user here, I thought of using Lay the Draw as my first serious attempt at trading. Of course, I am looking for something simple while I learn my way as a trader. Just wanted to get some feedback on Lay the Draw and if was a good fit for a newbie?

Thanks and Happy Trading
BKKBhoy
BKKBhoy

2 wins and 1 loss on my first evening.

That is okay.but my biggest take away is how bad these games without fans are.

I am tempted to not bet till fans are back.

Cheers
BKKBhoy
NickH

It is all about determining your strategy for the long run. Although tonight might be a nice result, it would be interesting to see how that plays out over 100+ bets for instance. If not profitable over a longer period of time, then it would be time to redefine your strategy and see if you can increase your results. Note that what you mention is not trading, but betting with a certain strategy.
BKKBhoy

NickH wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:09 pm
It is all about determining your strategy for the long run. Although tonight might be a nice result, it would be interesting to see how that plays out over 100+ bets for instance. If not profitable over a longer period of time, then it would be time to redefine your strategy and see if you can increase your results. Note that what you mention is not trading, but betting with a certain strategy.
Sorry, Nick, you are right it's a strategy, not trading.

My plan is to do 50 bets and see where I am but I can do 100

I am only doing small bets while I learn what I am doing. The one I lost taught me I really need to properly understand the exit strategy from the lay the draw.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers
BKKBhoy
NickH

Just out of curiousity to the forum because of new insights from my side: is the ltd strategy seen as betting or trading?
ShaunWhite

NickH wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:56 pm
Just out of curiousity to the forum because of new insights from my side: is the ltd strategy seen as betting or trading?
The only real difference between betting and trading is intent. Betting usually suggests the punter will hold their position until the market closes whereas a trader will be continually looking to adjust their position before the market closes. All trading is betting but all betting isn't trading.
NickH

Totally agree with that. So in this specific case, assuming there is an exit strategy with certain conditions, we would be talking about trading.
Euler

Agree. Betting is where the outcome is result dependent, trading where it isn't.
NickH

Euler wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:12 am
Agree. Betting is where the outcome is result dependent, trading where it isn't.
Interesting video Peter :mrgreen:
rik

dont really see the big difference, trading your betting on a price move rather than a result, still outcome
dependent just realistically much better win/loss ratio achievable
NickH

rik wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:03 pm
dont really see the big difference, trading your betting on a price move rather than a result, still outcome
I think there is a difference between outcome and result. Outcome could be based on certain market conditions changing at a certain moment in time which you anticipate on, giving you a certain outcome in for instance timeframe X, whilst result is just the result of the event.
firlandsfarm

rik wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:03 pm
I see the difference as you have no choice with the timing and result, it is what it is. But with trading you do have some choice over both.

Return to “Football trading”