What To Do Next?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
eightbo

i've gotten lost here apologies guys.

I'm going to Maccies now actually Derek as a mini reward for a good day. They've got these mini chicken bites here which somewhere between selects and nuggets it's great. Still yet to go to taco bell which is next door as wondering if a burrito is even worth it while I'm doing no dairy, if anyone has detailed thoughts on this just drop me a pm
JustLukeYou

So I thought I would try again. I put £3 on Man Utd to win 2-1 and £3 on 3-1 but I put enough on Newcastle to win or draw so that I would lose a £2. When Newcastle scored I traded all the bets out for a slight profit. The thing is Man Utd could come back and draw or make it 2-1 and make the profit higher.
Derek27

JustLukeYou wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:22 pm
So I thought I would try again. I put £3 on Man Utd to win 2-1 and £3 on 3-1 but I put enough on Newcastle to win or draw so that I would lose a £2. When Newcastle scored I traded all the bets out for a slight profit. The thing is Man Utd could come back and draw or make it 2-1 and make the profit higher.
So, Newcastle was winning, the problem is Man Utd could clinch a draw or even go on to win. At least you've narrowed it down to just three possible outcomes. :)
darchas

JustLukeYou wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:22 pm
JustLukeYou

Bugger, now Man Utd have equalized lol

Does anyone set cash out commands and just stick to them? With the Liverpool trade I probably would have traded out for a loss as Everton scored first but as I was out I just left it and it made a profit. If I left this match I would have made a higher profit.
Derek27

JustLukeYou wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:41 pm

Does anyone set cash out commands and just stick to them? With the Liverpool trade I probably would have traded out for a loss as Everton scored first but as I was out I just left it and it made a profit. If I left this match I would have made a higher profit.
If you're not hungry take a bit of advice. I'm in the same boat as you Luke. I've been scalping the draw in the Chicago Fire v Kansas City match. Backed it just before KC scored. Only a slight red. Waited a while for an equalizer and decided to close for a small loss just before CF equalized.

If I closed trade a minute later I would have had a healthy profit. But instead of getting frustrated and thinking, "if only I did this, if only I did that", I just accept the aim is to win overall and not on every market. We'd all have higher profits if we left out our losing markets!
Derek27

Good things come to sad pathetic old men... that wait! Another lay did the trick. :)
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JustLukeYou

JustLukeYou wrote:

Wow that's frustrating, I was convinced Man U would win to and Newcastle would score. If I stayed in both the 2-1 and 3-1 would have hit the target.

But bloody BetFair is so inflexible that it only allows me to set a profit target for the all final scores. I don't want that. I want to set profit targets for each score. I have tried this in the past using BetAngel but the software is so confusing to use and when I tried the support they just didn't understand what I was trying to do. Are there any other trading websites which have automatic trade out?
Derek27

A last-minute goal made it a 2-2 draw. Now if only I let that original back bet to run..... We'd all be billionaires Luke, if we did our 'if onlys'!
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darchas

Do you even read any of the comments in your own thread? You seem to plough on completely oblivious to any comments anyone makes.
Derek27

JustLukeYou wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:52 pm
JustLukeYou wrote:

Wow that's frustrating, I was convinced Man U would win to and Newcastle would score. If I stayed in both the 2-1 and 3-1 would have hit the target.

But bloody BetFair is so inflexible that it only allows me to set a profit target for the all final scores. I don't want that. I want to set profit targets for each score. I have tried this in the past using BetAngel but the software is so confusing to use and when I tried the support they just didn't understand what I was trying to do. Are there any other trading websites which have automatic trade out?
Yes, I can see it is Betfair's fault for not having the right buttons, BA's programmers for not designing simple software, BA's customer support for not understanding what you were trying to do, but certainly not your fault for finding the software confusing.

There is another website that has automatic trade out. It's anotherwebsite.com just go to the automatic trade out section. :)
Derek27

darchas wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:58 pm
Do you even read any of the comments in your own thread? You seem to plough on completely oblivious to any comments anyone makes.
I've just PMed a couple of members saying that's what I think is happening, but now I'm wondering why I bothered when I can just post comments about Luke here - he doesn't read them. :lol:
darchas

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:05 pm
darchas wrote:
I've just PMed a couple of members saying that's what I think is happening, but now I'm wondering why I bothered when I can just post comments about Luke here - he doesn't read them. :lol:
It's completely bizarre, but also quite insulting, to pose a question and to not engage with any of the answers whatsoever. Such a shame too to disregard so much quality advice. Really strange.
JustLukeYou

darchas wrote:
I ignore Derek. I reply to other people.
JustLukeYou

Is there a simple way I can set trade outs for separate scores? I just knew Man Utd would win and Newcastle would score. I should have held on.

Return to “Football trading”