Betfair football trading - Visualising data

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
RonObvious

Haven't even used this spreadsheet yet but looks great!

Just wondering is it possible somehow to use this on more than 1 matches that kick off at the same time?
Euler

RonObvious wrote:Just wondering is it possible somehow to use this on more than 1 matches that kick off at the same time?
You can have as many as you wish (subject to your computers capacity)
RonObvious

I've connected 2 markets to it and it cycles between them every few seconds.

Was wondering if you could have them one below the other? So you could just scroll down to whichever you wanted to view and you'd be able to look at more than one at the same time then
Euler

You can but you will have to customise it yourself to suit.
RonObvious

OK cheers.

I'll get onto youtube and see if I can figure it out
doncht

I'm trying to make this work. Can someone please post a link at youtube yet? Image
bariska

good one , thx a lot ...
taxbreaks1

I am running 64 bit windows it would appear that the excel spreadsheet is 32 bit and will not work is there a work around?
Poj

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to Bet Angel, I am interested in using excel to automate some trades for me so I am just in the process of playing around with the templates.
I have downloaded the 'Visualising Data' spreadsheet and want to use it to trigger some strategies on the football.
My excel programming is not great but I'm picking it up as I go, so far I have downloaded the spreadsheet and linked the markets.
For my first attempt I want the spreadsheet to lay the outsider in a football game if they score a goal.
I started on the main 'Visualisation' sheet and wrote and AND function: If chance of 0-0 cell <1 AND chance of 1-0 < 1. i.e the outsider is 1 up (If they are the Away team)
Next I wrote a command in the match odds sheet: =If 'AND cell' = True, "LAY","")
(I'm sure this can all be written into one simpler command but I'm keeping it as simple as possible to debug until I get the hang of it)
My question is, where should the 'LAY' command be placed to ensure the 'Outsider' is layed and not the favourite or the draw?
Is it simply a matter of placing the command in the cell adjacent to the 'Outsider' on the sheet or should the cell containing the 'Outsider' be referenced in the formula?
Could someone post a link or a sample excel file which contains an excel file with multiple place bet conditions on the one sheet?
Dinkydid1

I have just watched the video on trading time
Do not laugh i am a newbie at me but could you answer me this question on time why do traders lay £2 00 or a small trade on 1000 what is the advantage or even backing at 1000 both pre-off
:D
zippus

Love the spreadsheet and fair play to Peter and team for coming up with something I could never have visualised. I have a couple of comments:

1) The ‘other’ scores seem to be missing from the calculations. So if there is a +3 goal score, they don’t appear to be in the model. Why is this?

2) Would it be possible to have an arbitrage calculator that looks for pricing opportunities? For example, if lay the under 0.5 goals and the 0:0 draw present an opportunity, could this be added?

Cheers

Return to “Football trading”