Betfair football trading - Visualising data

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

BetAngel_Multiple_visualisation-inplay.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DakotaC47

Thank you for uploading the spreadsheet. The more I look at it, the more I realise what an impressive piece of work it is.

Thank you very much.
PeterLe

Hi
I was trading the Barca V Milan game last night.
It involved placing a largish bet on the match odds and one on the 0 - 0 correct score.
By half time, the odds had dropped on the 0 - 0 from around 17's down to 5's. Although I was hoping for a goal as part of the strategy, I found I had a negative figure on the match odds but a much bigger overall green across all selections on the correct score (it was about a £65 + delta overall)
At no time during the first half did my overall position drift into a negative.
The only reason Im mentioning this is because, it shows the power of linking markets and being able to see at a glance whether you are in a net positive position. It would be fairly easy to insert a form button into the front dashboard worksheet to "Green All". (although you may want to close the markets down in a particular sequence)
Worth thinking about and incorporating some form of overall P&L position into the spreadsheet
Regards
Peter
Anka

DaffyDuck19 wrote:Hi all

I really liked the look of the spreadsheet so had a go at creating my own based on the one in the video.

Shared if others want to use/play with/develop as they wish.

Just link Correct Score, Match Odds and 0.5-6.5 goals markets to the appropriate sheets.

Hope its useful.

Any feedback welcomed.

DD19
Nice work. Congratulations !
Scratchy1989

DaffyDuck19 wrote:Hi all

I really liked the look of the spreadsheet so had a go at creating my own based on the one in the video.

Shared if others want to use/play with/develop as they wish.

Just link Correct Score, Match Odds and 0.5-6.5 goals markets to the appropriate sheets.

Hope its useful.

Any feedback welcomed.

DD19
Hey DD,

New to bet angel, and was really interested in your excel template. I'm having trouble linking the correct score, match odds, and 0.5-6.5 goals markets to the appropriate sheets. I was hoping you could help me out.
Thanks
DaffyDuck19

Scratchy1989 wrote:

Hey DD,

New to bet angel, and was really interested in your excel template. I'm having trouble linking the correct score, match odds, and 0.5-6.5 goals markets to the appropriate sheets. I was hoping you could help me out.
Thanks

Hi Scratchy

I'm not going to try and guess as to your BA or excel knowledge, or guess specifically at what point in linking you are having issues.

It might be worth a quick look at this BA video first as this is an excellent video showing how to link to excel using guardian to multiple sheets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF0UQm-w ... 7&index=19

If after seeing this and trying again you are still having issues then give us a shout and I will try and help. Although my instructions on linking are exactly whats highlighted in this video.

Good luck

DD
h4cked

Hi

sorry to ask a newbie question but im having trouble getting this spreadsheet to link to betangel

I have downloaded the sheet to the desktop. then opened up Swansea v Manu for the 17th August and match odds then tried to 'open the workbook' it says does not contain a Bet Angel worksheet.

any advice? many thanks
maxblack

Ditto here im afraid - open workbook then 'this does not contain a Bet Angel worksheet'.Most perplexing :shock:
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

How are you connecting to this spreadsheet? It is designed to be used with Guardian. Make sure you are connecting using the Excel tab in Guardian rather than the main application as it needs data from multiple markets.

You need to add the following markets to Guardian from a single game:

Match Odds
Correct Score
OU0.5
OU1.5
OU2.5

Then assign each market to the corresponding sheet within the Excel workbook by using the drop down list in the Excel column of Guardian.

See the attached image:
Excel-Visualisation.JPG
Also, remember to tick 'Connect' once the spreadsheet has opened in Excel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maxblack

Solved immediately! Thank you very much 6th Sense for taking the time to fix this problem
RonObvious

Haven't even used this spreadsheet yet but looks great!

Just wondering is it possible somehow to use this on more than 1 matches that kick off at the same time?
Euler

RonObvious wrote:Just wondering is it possible somehow to use this on more than 1 matches that kick off at the same time?
You can have as many as you wish (subject to your computers capacity)
RonObvious

I've connected 2 markets to it and it cycles between them every few seconds.

Was wondering if you could have them one below the other? So you could just scroll down to whichever you wanted to view and you'd be able to look at more than one at the same time then
Euler

You can but you will have to customise it yourself to suit.
RonObvious

OK cheers.

I'll get onto youtube and see if I can figure it out

Return to “Football trading”