Change to Football Inplay..

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
PeterLe

Although I dont trade the football markets myself much...not sure of you saw the service announcement by Betfair..:-

Because we know that in-play betting is one of the most popular aspects of our football offering, we are looking to offer more opportunities to bet in-play.

Therefore, starting on Saturday December 5, we will be running a trial offering UNMANAGED in-play betting on the Match Odds markets of all untelevised matches in The Championship and selected matches in Serie B (the Serie B games will be confirmed in the Betfair Forum at least five days in advance).

The Match Odds markets for these games will not be suspended for goals, penalties, red cards or at any other time. The bet delay for in-play bets on these games will be eight seconds.

We will provide confirmation that this trial is taking place nearer to the event. In the meantime, if you have any comments, please e-mail them to [email protected].

There has to be some opportunities here..think I can feel an Excel spreadsheet coming on here!
I might email betfair andobtain a list of the games in question..
Good luck if you trade them!
Regards
Peter
LeTiss

Not sure what to make of that

Even for experienced traders, an unmanaged 'in play' market is something to be wary of
nigelbleddfa

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Not sure what to make of that

Even for experienced traders, an unmanaged 'in play' market is something to be wary of
Betfair is just increasing the number of in-play markets with a view to increasing its own turnover. It will be an opportunity for those with up to date information but will be extremely dangerous for those wishing to trade without it. There is great scope for all sorts of dodgy tricks and I, for one, will steer well clear.
PeterLe

Hi
Just noticed the latest update from Betfair...here are the matches they will be covering :--
This weekend sees the commencement of our trial of offering UNMANAGED in-play betting on the Match Odds markets of selected matches in The Championship and Serie B.

The Match Odds markets for these games will not be suspended for goals, penalties, red cards or at any other time. The bet delay for in-play bets on these games will be eight seconds.

The matches which we will offer UNMANAGED in-play betting on Match Odds this weekend are:

Championship

Nottm Forest v Leicester
Blackpool v Barnsley
Bristol City v Ipswich
C Palace v Doncaster
Cardiff v Preston
Derby v West Brom
Newcastle v Watford
Peterborough v Swansea
Plymouth v Sheff Utd
Sheff Wed v Reading

Serie B

Ascoli v Reggina
Cesena v Frosinone
Cittadella v Modena
Gallipoli v Torino
Grosseto v Ancona
Mantova v Salernitana
Sassuolo v Padova
Triestina v Crotone
J.S.

nigelbleddfa wrote: There is great scope for all sorts of dodgy tricks and I, for one, will steer well clear.
I couldn't agree more.
LeTiss

I've been dabbling with the markets this week, but in reality, there's nothing to particularly worry about.

It's no different from trading on a Premier League match that isn't live on TV. Bet365 are probably the best 'in play' bookmaker, they suspend their market the second there's a goal, so the 8 second delay on Betfair can either get you out of trouble, or potentially make a killing too.

Let's be honest here, Betfair offer 'in play' on every single tennis match. They are all unmanaged - Betfair doesn't ever suspend these games until there's a winner, so Championship betting is no different
PeterLe

Hi
I expect you're right...
I didnt end up trading these in the end anyway...I was coaxed (if that is the right word), by the missus into Christmas Shopping!...that was managed!
Regards
Peter
J.S.

LeTiss 4pm wrote: Let's be honest here, Betfair offer 'in play' on every single tennis match. They are all unmanaged - Betfair doesn't ever suspend these games until there's a winner, so Championship betting is no different
True, but that's also why I don't trade tennis.

Return to “Football trading”