What can we learn from Louis van Gaal?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
BabyArber

Shocking... but quite typical of him, see this sketch from a Dutch comedy show...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVUaZlyk1Y

He's a winner who has just lost. Of course he's frustrated. Still, I would expect a true professional to handle it better. He's most certainly not hired for his interview skills...

I wish the interviewer had shown a bit more backbone... it could have got really interesting. As it's coming to a close at 1:52 he looks up at someone - I imagine his PR consultant, I imagine them making cut gestures to get him out of there. Instead of pressing him, the interviewer meekly thanks him, what a pussy...
Wainwright

He is a bit bipolar when it comes to interviews - very different when things go well;

https://vine.co/v/ODa1gV0LVFa
annuity

Awful interview. And I'm a United fan. Still not as bad as the dossier incident though. Never get over that.
tweebie1999

I like LVG's attitude in interviews. His interviews are more fun to watch than most. It's odvious what he thinks of the press and their knowledge of the game. If you ask stupid questions of a master tactician you are bound to get a stupid answer! Fergie's interviews were more or less the same a lot of the time.
annuity

tweebie1999 wrote:I like LVG's attitude in interviews. His interviews are more fun to watch than most. It's odvious what he thinks of the press and their knowledge of the game. If you ask stupid questions of a master tactician you are bound to get a stupid answer! Fergie's interviews were more or less the same a lot of the time.
But the questions from the interviewer were perfectly valid and not combative at all but Louis incorrectly perceived them as such. I'd put it down to lost in translation as much as anything else, but still, awful interview.
tweebie1999

Interview went like this:

BBC: Louis, do you feel unlucky not to have won this game?

LVG: It doesn't matter how I feel, I think.

BBC: But on possession, and on the amount of time you spent in Chelsea's half, you would say that you were at least as good as they were?

LVG: I don't have to say it. In football it's only counting the goals and they scored one goal. It was the first shot on the goal and, against Crystal Palace, I believe it was in the 90th minute, so they did better today.

BBC: Are you frustrated by what you've seen?

LVG: I am not frustrated, I am very proud of my team. Why do I have to be frustrated?

BBC: Just at losing the game...

LVG: We played the best match of the season.

BBC: Is that how highly you rate the performance, yeah?

LVG: Yeah, you don't?

BBC: No, I'm just interested in how you see it...

LVG: Okay, that's good ... that you are interested.
Naffman

I simply cannot support Utd with LVG in charge - he is more smug than Koeman.
tweebie1999

Yer both got the Dutch arrogance about them.
Euler

So Tottenham bid €10m for Martial at the start of the summer and Monaco asked for €20m. Spurs declined. Man Utd have bid €50m. Madness.
Archangel

I reckon Man Utd have De Gea locked up somewhere till deadline day passes. They wont go too far with that keeper they played yesterday !
giulio2010

I hear from dutch friends that Van Gaal he is not the nicest guy around and even worse as football coach!
Man Utd needs someone like Carlo Ancelotti and He is available...Remember my words :o ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
giulio2010

what can we learn from Louis van Gaal? I hope nothing.. :o :o :o
Dallas

That comparison has really surprised me :o , if you had asked me how i thought they performed i would of said Van Gaal has achieved much better results
giulio2010

Dallas wrote:That comparison has really surprised me :o , if you had asked me how i thought they performed i would of said Van Gaal has achieved much better results
That was from the 10th of september, I did not post it today!! but still think Van Gaal is not the right coach for Man Utd..
Dallas

Even back then if they where prepared to show Moyles the door with identical results but only 25% of the spending how did van gaal not go??

I cant even recall any serious reports he was in any danger, yet moyles was walking a tight rope for sometime

Its a funny old game

Return to “Football trading”