Profit Reports Folder

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
firlandsfarm

Is there any way to change the Profits Report Folder for each instance of BA … the problem I am experiencing is that I want to test two rule sets so I open two instances of BA but when the rule sets are both being applied to the same event one Profit Report overwrites the other.
gianni

Here you go

viewtopic.php?f=33

best regards!
Gianni
firlandsfarm

Hi Gianni and here I'm back :) that link gives me a "The requested topic does not exist." message! :(
Dallas

firlandsfarm

Hey thanks Dallas, that looks perfect for what I want and I'm very happy to play around with things … might even explore a little deeper! :)
firlandsfarm

OK, that has worked great, thanks. The only comment I would make is all the instances of BA open look the same! It's easy to lose track of which is which (and the pairing of BA with it's linked Guardian window). I will post something in the Improvements Forum.
Dr Ginhog

Hi
I am running into a bit of trouble on this one. I copied the BetAngel_Professional folder and used the Vim program in administrators mode
to edit the cfg file renaming the configname line to ---Bet Angel Professional 2" as indicated above. I only get one reports area from this when using 3 instances of the program in Practice mode. What am i doing wrong?. Maybe it does not work in practice mode?.
I use the alternative method whereby I put an "export P & L" rule for each instance of betangel bafs im testing and I stagger the time their exported by the condition "when fav price less than 1.10,1.06 & 1.03 respectively. This enables all three reports to append without overwriting. It works good but is messy as regards having to separate from the folder for collating purposes.At least I can identify them from the order
they appear in the report the rule file with 1.1 first etc
I need this as I sometimes delay my colllating when busy and some updates can restart your computer and all your accumulated work on the guardian market screen is lost.Must have happened dozens of times as you cannot delay the windows updates forever.
Having the reports in 3 saved folders for each baf is the best option. An ideal solution would be to have the baf name attached directly to the report. Not sure if that would be feasible but shall suggest in suggestion box for a future revision.

Grindhog
firlandsfarm

Grindhog, I have probably gone into overkill mode but in line with KISS thinking I have one installation of BA for every experiment. At the moment this means having 15 installs each named after the experiment it is monitoring! Yeah I know, overkill but … I know that the reports in each Reports folder are solely in respect of one named experiment. :)

The only annoying action I have come across is when I try to change the config file I am told I don't have the permission to save in in the BA folders (I am the Administrator). It offers to save the changed config file in the root of my User folder. So I do that, I then rename the existing config file to *OLD, rename the new config file in my User folder to the BA name and then move the new renamed config file to the BA folder and everybody is happy! I've tried changing the file and folder permissions but with no joy. :(

Anyway, it all works great but it fills up the Desktop with BA shortcuts! :D
gianni

Hi firlandsfarm!

Try to open the editor as admin (rightclick on the editor-icon and choose "open as admin").
Then you should be able to save the configfile.
Hope that helps

best regards!
Gianni
firlandsfarm

Thanks for that Gianni, I'll give it a try when I need a 16th installation! :D
Dr Ginhog

Hi
This would be a gem if I could get it to work!!!
Has anybody actually got this to work.??..and generated a reports area distinct from the default where the reports do not overwrite. From the original instructions all it appears to do is provide a separate and distinct program area but not a reports area with a new pathway. Which is the same btw as when you install initially and use the "different folder facility" that the installation provides. Is there any way to manually change the reports folder path? Im hindered here by not being a programmer. Basic Logic, oldschool knowledge, Trial & error & cunning simply not enough. Geeks help me out here!!!!
Grindhog
greenmark

OK WE copy/paste Bet Angel folder in program files(x86).
We rename the copy to Bet Angel Limited 1 (or wtahever).
We then run vim or notepad as admin (option in right-click list on either editor).
We open BetAngel.exe.config.
Amend <add key="ConfigName" value="Bet Angel Professional"/> to
<add key="ConfigName" value="Bet Angel Professional 1"/>.
Save to a different file name BetAngel.exe.config1.
Rename BetAngel.exe.config to BetAngel.exe.configOLD.
Rename the new file to BetAngel.exe.config.
At this point there is no new Bet Angel Professional folder in C:\Users\<whatever>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel.
Run the new BetANgel.exe.
Tick Export reports on market closure.
Hey Presto! MarketReports folder appears in your new
C:\Users\<whatever>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional 1 folder.
And once the market has closed you get the date folder and 3 report folders and reports.
Obviously any file creation/renaming/saving in the program files Bet Angel folder generates the admin permissions required message.
So not sure what you're doing differently.
Dr Ginhog

Hi Greenmark,
Thanks I appreciate that. Clearly it can work.I shall try to get the Brain into gear and give it a go.I will give feedback if I can get it to work.
Grindhog
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:21 pm
OK WE copy/paste Bet Angel folder in program files(x86).
We rename the copy to Bet Angel Limited 1 (or wtahever).
We then run vim or notepad as admin (option in right-click list on either editor).
We open BetAngel.exe.config.
Amend <add key="ConfigName" value="Bet Angel Professional"/> to
<add key="ConfigName" value="Bet Angel Professional 1"/>.
Save to a different file name BetAngel.exe.config1.
Rename BetAngel.exe.config to BetAngel.exe.configOLD.
Rename the new file to BetAngel.exe.config.
At this point there is no new Bet Angel Professional folder in C:\Users\<whatever>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel.
Run the new BetANgel.exe.
Tick Export reports on market closure.
Hey Presto! MarketReports folder appears in your new
C:\Users\<whatever>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional 1 folder.
And once the market has closed you get the date folder and 3 report folders and reports.
Obviously any file creation/renaming/saving in the program files Bet Angel folder generates the admin permissions required message.
So not sure what you're doing differently.
grindhog … that's basically how I set up all my installs. Worked fine. I then put some Batch files (remember them from the DOS days?) on my desktop to move the Reports from the BA folders to more appropriate folders in my Documents.
firlandsfarm

gianni wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:48 am
Try to open the editor as admin (rightclick on the editor-icon and choose "open as admin").
Then you should be able to save the configfile.
Didn't work Gianni :( But I'm not sure what you mean by "the editor icon", I'm opening by right clicking on the config file in File Explorer but there is no "open as admin" option, just "open". I am an/the Admin on the computer … does it therefore assume that if I open something it is as admin? Anyway the inconvenience is still there. Thanks for trying to help.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”