Take SP (price dependent)

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Anbell

Regarding Take SP (price dependent):

I presume (?) it isn't a 'proper' SP bet with a price limit, and is actually a Take SP bet (i.e. it can be cancelled) so if I have a price dependent SP Back bet with a fixed price of greater than 6, what does the 6 represent? How does BA know if the SP is going to be greater than 6? Is it based off a rolling Projected SP starting at race time? Something else?

TIA
Jukebox

Anbell wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:36 am

I presume (?) it isn't a 'proper' SP bet with a price limit, and is actually a Take SP bet (i.e. it can be cancelled) so if I have a price dependent SP Back bet with a fixed price of greater than 6, what does the 6 represent? How does BA know if the SP is going to be greater than 6? Is it based off a rolling Projected SP starting at race time? Something else?

TIA
Its to give you some flexibilty to specify which of your open bets you wish to mark as Take SP instead of the sledgehammer 'Take SP All'
In your example only the open back bets over 6 will be marked as Take SP - they'e still yours to cancel before the start and they'll still only get SP whatever that happens to be.
Anbell

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 am
Anbell wrote:

TIA
Its to give you some flexibilty to specify which of your open bets you wish to mark as Take SP instead of the sledgehammer 'Take SP All'
In your example only the open back bets over 6 will be marked as Take SP - they'e still yours to cancel before the start and they'll still only get SP whatever that happens to be.
Thanks - but what does 'over 6' mean in this context?
Jukebox

Anbell wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:10 am
Jukebox wrote:
Anbell wrote:

TIA
If I have several open back bets - at 5.5, 5.8, 7.4 and 8.0 only the the 7.4 and 8.0 will be marked as Take SP
Anbell

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:15 am
Anbell wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:10 am
Jukebox wrote:

If I have several open back bets - at 5.5, 5.8, 7.4 and 8.0 only the the 7.4 and 8.0 will be marked as Take SP
Ah. I see it now. Thanks for your patience.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”