Today's Tennis

Trading96

15 year old Diane Parry beats Jana Fett. Fett was 1.04 SP.
mcgoo

Just saw my a** on John Isner.Lay'd Norrie at 1.84-ish after Isner lost 7-6 on tie break in the first set. He comes out ..all 6'10 of him and loses his 1st service game :( ..big serve and all against the #102 in the world :? ....$#%^&*&*#@%@#..only $25 in hole but this trading game..wow :cry:
Clever Norrie playing to Isner's backhand on clay..
mjay

Isner is usually quite good when he has lost the first set and conditions in Lyon are on the quicker side for clay, so you would anticipate a hold. It is however still clay - not Isner's best surface and it is the week before the French Open, therefore motivation must be
questioned.

You might want to question whether 1.84 is a price you wanted to be laying at after the first set - the market probably holding onto Isner's price for the usual reasons - big serve vs no. 102 etc.
mcgoo

mjay wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:46 pm
Isner is usually quite good when he has lost the first set and conditions in Lyon are on the quicker side for clay, so you would anticipate a hold. It is however still clay - not Isner's best surface and it is the week before the French Open, therefore motivation must be
questioned.

You might want to question whether 1.84 is a price you wanted to be laying at after the first set - the market probably holding onto Isner's price for the usual reasons - big serve vs no. 102 etc.
thanks for that; good insight
Yeah, I thought about the French Open motivation thing but thought perhaps an indifferent loss would be worse than pushing a little-wrong choice . I am not experienced enough to know whether the price represented value but felt that Isner would hold at least the first game and I would scalp a cheeky 10-15 ticks.Live and learn :D
mjay

Isner is a notorious "big server" everyone is aware of this, when that isn't firing the rest of his game is nothing special; I suggest there will be little chance of scalping 10-15 ticks in the first game of the second set against a vastly lower ranked opponent. This is WTA territory and scalping their serve will leave you a nervous wreck!

Spending time watching how the market reacts to different players at different times of the set/match is always interesting.
mjay

WTA Strasbourg Final women's match of the year for me so far.

If you want a trading match-up look no further (when Pavlyuchenkova is in the mood)
Just look at Cibulkova's chart!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

mjay wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:31 pm
WTA Strasbourg Final women's match of the year for me so far.

If you want a trading match-up look no further (when Pavlyuchenkova is in the mood)
Just look at Cibulkova's chart!
Good booster for you ahead of tomorrow :)
Trading96

Been a good week
Watson.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjay

Dallas I see your favourite player kicks off her defence tomorrow...
Kozlova is not the worst player if she loses the first set - yet she's played only once on Clay this season and that after a long break, she has yet to make it past the 1st round here - her form is woeful - Ostapenko should have far too much fire power...

Otherwise it's a real litany of players who are incapable of holding onto leads - Cornet/Errani, Dulguru/Mchale, Linette/Diyas etc

I fear I have been spoiled today !
Korattt

is there a better site on Tennis regarding stats or is Flashscores enough?
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:53 pm
A few listed here
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1475
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:54 pm
Korattt wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:53 pm
A few listed here
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1475
kudos Dallas, many thanks
Korattt

Trading96

Murray trying to make up for a year of lost trading opportunities in one match
Nero Tulip

Trading96 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:31 pm
Murray trying to make up for a year of lost trading opportunities in one match
there wasn't much trading for me to do in that match, just bet seemingly more and more on Kyrgios as the price got bigger and bigger relatively. That's as pleasant as it sounds.. :evil: can't stand him.

Thought Murray was not even close to fitness, jury will be out for quite some time as to whether he can ever get back to the movement he had, it's early days though. Much lesser players than Kyrgios (without the lunacy) would have taken care of Murray in straights yesterday. Clearly he'll never lose his competitiveness, but a game built around movement is going to struggle if it isn't there.. looked particularly lacking in strength moving to his forehand.

Return to “Tennis Trading”