Australian Open 2015

Naffman

I haven't been watching the tennis as I've been moving house but Berdych is a very strong player and should win a Grand Slam one day. Whether its this one, I don't know, but Murray is certainly on the top of his game at the minute.
Zenyatta

I can't believe the prices for the Djokovic-Wawrinka semi-final match. The market has Djokovic as a 1.25 favourite, with Wawrinka at 4.8.

No way is Djokovic a 1.25 shot to win that match! Wawrinka is a vastly improved player and he's beaten Djokovic here.
Euler

Murray played well again, so looks like I'll be working Sunday morning then.
Euler

Rain delay in the womens final, Serena letting us know she has a tickly throat.
Zenyatta

Well, Murray never fails to earn some cash for us...thanks Andy - another great effort at the Aussie Open! :D

Going into the final, I had a big win punt on Andy at 12.5, he's down to 3.0 now. The question was should I green-up everything prior to the match, or gamble on Murray to go all the way?

I thought the prices on offer prior to the start of the final were about right (Djok 1.49, Murray 3.0), and if anything, Andy was a bit short. I didn't think there was any clear value there.

I hope its a another close match, but I'm not confident of the outcome on this one. Djok is to a hard-court what Rafa is a clay court, so under these conditions you'd have to think that Djok would be very hard to beat. Murray is playing very well, but this is a hard court, not a grass court like Wimbledon, and that favours Djok.

It could be a very close match, or it could be relatively one-sided. Just very hard to call, and I'm not enthusiastic about gambling on this one. Might just take my profits.
Euler

Trade it out but leave a little overweight. It was a good call, don't ruin it but lumping the lot on the final!

Go Muzzer!
Euler

Zenyatta

Promising signs for a competitive match - Djok getting an early break, then Murray breaking back, good stuff!

I've tried a little set betting, betting both Djok to win 3-2, and Murray to win 3-2. Hoping for an epic 5-setter :)
Euler

Bit of a classic already
Euler

Well it was a good match till Murray lost his head.
BabyArber

Blame the BabyArber voodoo effect...

Slept in, checked the tennis, seemed to be a classic.

Started watching with Murray 3-1 ahead in the third set and we know what happened from there... I didn't see Murray win a game.
Euler

£100 backing Murray in the final
01-02-2015 - Aussie open mens final - Murray.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ragortue

Hi, I'm a complete newbie. But that graph surely isn't a good thing, is that correct?
gazuty

ragortue wrote:Hi, I'm a complete newbie. But that graph surely isn't a good thing, is that correct?
It's showing all the opportunities to exit green on Murray.

Return to “Tennis Trading”