Australian Open 2015

Mr Undercover

Got it working with the Professional desktop version but VPS server version doesn't seem to want to work.

thanks for help
Euler

No reported problems at the moment.
Euler

Murray vs Dimitrov match is well worth following. Nice from a trading perspective but some fabulous Tennis going on.
Zenyatta

#winning.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zenyatta

Nadal getting badly beaten. We all should have seen that this might happen. Nadal was always a strong lay prospect. Very easy money.
Euler

Murray is playing really well
tomallen123

Has anyone been using matchbook for the Aus open? Would love to hear how tradable their exchange is. They have 0% commission on the Aus Open at the moment.
burdo77

I'm no tennis guru but take a look at these stats and tell me what the price should be for the Murray semi?

http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/players/ov ... mpare.html
burdo77

Go to click down box and click Murray to compare players
Zenyatta

burdo77 wrote:I'm no tennis guru but take a look at these stats and tell me what the price should be for the Murray semi?

http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/players/ov ... mpare.html
Hmm, Berdych is playing well, but the head-to-head record on hard court is 3-1 to Murray. I'd say the Berdych price is too short in the early betting.

I think:

Berdych: 3.00
Murray: 1.50

is about right.

I like Murray's chances to take out the tournament at this point. Djokovic is on the other side of the draw, and he has to win 2 more games against 2 strong players just to get to the final, so there's 2 chances he gets tripped up and knocked out. In particular, Nishikori is a greatly under-rated up-and-coming player, very strong on a hard court and he's beaten Djok before - so it's worth laying Djok.

Because Murray is the world's best returner of the ball, you know he's always going to generate chances to break back, even when he's behind, that's why so many Murray matches will be great trading opportunities.
Naffman

I haven't been watching the tennis as I've been moving house but Berdych is a very strong player and should win a Grand Slam one day. Whether its this one, I don't know, but Murray is certainly on the top of his game at the minute.
Zenyatta

I can't believe the prices for the Djokovic-Wawrinka semi-final match. The market has Djokovic as a 1.25 favourite, with Wawrinka at 4.8.

No way is Djokovic a 1.25 shot to win that match! Wawrinka is a vastly improved player and he's beaten Djokovic here.
Euler

Murray played well again, so looks like I'll be working Sunday morning then.
Euler

Rain delay in the womens final, Serena letting us know she has a tickly throat.
Zenyatta

Well, Murray never fails to earn some cash for us...thanks Andy - another great effort at the Aussie Open! :D

Going into the final, I had a big win punt on Andy at 12.5, he's down to 3.0 now. The question was should I green-up everything prior to the match, or gamble on Murray to go all the way?

I thought the prices on offer prior to the start of the final were about right (Djok 1.49, Murray 3.0), and if anything, Andy was a bit short. I didn't think there was any clear value there.

I hope its a another close match, but I'm not confident of the outcome on this one. Djok is to a hard-court what Rafa is a clay court, so under these conditions you'd have to think that Djok would be very hard to beat. Murray is playing very well, but this is a hard court, not a grass court like Wimbledon, and that favours Djok.

It could be a very close match, or it could be relatively one-sided. Just very hard to call, and I'm not enthusiastic about gambling on this one. Might just take my profits.

Return to “Tennis Trading”