Is this guy trading?

spiderstex

Hi everyone.
I'm new to this forum and I hope this is the right section for this thread.
I'm following the match Broady vs Goffin now live on BBC sport ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/tennis/32625326 )
I noticed this guy among the crowd and I'm wandering if he's trading.
What do you think? :shock:

Thanks,
Stephan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Y, I saw that also. Not familiar with the coaching staff so wasn't sure if it was them.

Wimbledon very strict on courtsiders so it would be a surprise.
LeTiss

He has a green band hanging from his neck - I assume his laptop is hiding some kind of accreditation badge?
spiderstex

Thank you for your replies. :-)

I noticed that, most of the time in tennis matches, the price changes few seconds before any of my live feed. I did a research in this very forum and I came across the word "courtsider" for the first time. I'm not familiar with the rules in this matter so I decided to ask.
You think that at Wimbledon this can't happen but still I see that the price reacting bloody fast.
How this can happen?

Thank you,

Stephan
Kai

Highly unlikely, courtsiders are a lot less obvious and much more organized than the guy in this picture.
lewisham

If you google "djsunset betfair gale" you can see all the traders. Plus it has details about the biggest tennis trader on Betfair Jon Gale.
cyxstudio

lewisham wrote:If you google "djsunset betfair gale" you can see all the traders. Plus it has details about the biggest tennis trader on Betfair Jon Gale.
hmm i googled , it was said that he and betfair are partners in crime? interesting.

i hope he doesnt do this with football
Dublin_Flyer

Kai wrote:Highly unlikely, courtsiders are a lot less obvious and much more organized than the guy in this picture.
True, on one hand I've heard (might have been a blog link via this forum) of people using push button clickers in their pockets for corners etc at football matches.

On the other hand, he could have an open graph/bar chart/other thing so looks like a statistical team member. Also having an open Skype chat in the background, audio will pick up the announcer "A Leads 4 games to 2, 2nd set, B to serve." Then a tap of 1 for Ace or 2 for not-Ace/2nd serve could still look like updating a chart/graph, and also give the other Skype person near instant info.

Just my quick overview of how I'd first try overcome the security/authorities if I was doing it in Qatar or that. If it was Wimbledon I'd be looking for the free booze and rich millionairesses to marry :lol:
Kai

One of the tennis courtsiders wrote a book recently so perhaps you can check that out, if you're really interested in that subject :)

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Set-Cash-Int ... B00ICA2D78

Return to “Tennis Trading”