Tennis Help needed

Lagos

Would love to have a go at the tennis when the Aus open starts but I havent got a clue how to try and get an edge.I do ok on the horse racing but its all snowwed off !! If anyone could provide even a tiny clue I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Lagos
Stewart

First of all check out the results here from last year

http://australian.open-tennis.com/conte ... sults.html

There are numerous strategies and not only can you trade each match but also the tournament collapse.

In tennis there can be wild swings as breaks of serve are pivotal and when the set goes to a tie-break it can be a see saw ride. Tennis is a momentum game so look to see where the momentum is and either a. go with it or b. try and spot a momentum change - this could be a brillant shot at a crucial time, a mistake, a bad line call, an injury etc etc.

During the latter stages of the tournament I believe the top players are overestimated, none more so than Murray. If a top player is matched against a pretty good opponent (top 50 or playing really well) then sometimes the market doesn't take this into account and it is at least likely that the first 1 or 2 sets will be tight. This makes a lay to back trade sensible. I love laying Murray between 1.05-1.16 before or during the first set in the latter stages of a tournament as there is very little downside.

I am sure there are others using this forum who also love trading tennis and can provide you some ammo!

As with all in play events make sure you have access to the pictures as you can make valued judgements with them.

And as you haven't traded it before keep stakes low and good luck.

In my opinion Tennis is a great sport to trade. ;)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Peter has written an article for Gambling on line magazine this month that covers Tennis. That should be helpful as a starter.
Lagos

Thanks very much Stewart,Ill have a little play. Will also read Peters article.

Cheers

Lagos
Jackels

Hi,

New to the forum, could someone tell me where I can read this artcile written by this Peter guy?

Thanks!
CaerMyrddin

by this Peter guy?
:lol:
Jackels

Lol it was late... :)
PeterLe

Hi
Here's a link to the site...:-

http://www.gamblingonlinemagazine.com/g ... ticleID=85

..but couldnt see the tennis article...

Peter who??! ..Its not me!

Regards
Peter
mbb

The official atp web site has ratings, updated each Monday through the season, which are very useful for tennis trading. Currently you will only find stats for this (current) year, but I can provide the last version from last year, if required.

regards,

Return to “Tennis Trading”