Game Set Cash - Brad Hutchins

Dean2

Has anyone read this and then looked at djsunset.com. It looks as if he has outed them all.
Euler

Yes and yes, though I think he would have been better focusing on the courtsiders, not dragging Betfair into it. Its less credible.
megarain

Its largely fluff and nonsense, with v little procedural detail, which is what I really wanted.

basically, win/get drunk/get caught-beatenup by security/repeat.

Disappointing.
Dean2

I think that Hutchins should have written the book with Djsunset instead of trying to disguise the identities of his bosses. Murray`s blog does read like a massive long rant from someone who has done his money and braoions in.There are though some interesting insights. He is definitely an insider and seems to have rubbed shoulders with all the big hitters at Betfair as well as the big winners.

Does anyone know who "Bayes" is, as Ed names him along with Steve High, Jon Gale and Troy McClure as the tennis whales. The big question is of course, are thaey all still doing it?
herbie

The article on that site is badly written..this seems like its turned into a fishing trip. :roll:
Dean2

Yes agree the website is a complete mess, I remember djsunset from BF forum and he was always in middle of any controversy giving out opinions. In this case though he does have some new info and putting names to the people Hutchins wanted to conceal is interesting.

There must be some peeps on here who have known all about Jon Gale and kept quiet about it over the years. Getting these people out into the sunlight does no harm whatsoever. The more people know about the angles the more chance there is that the game will get cleaned up.
Euler

Dean2 wrote:Does anyone know who "Bayes" is, as Ed names him along with Steve High, Jon Gale and Troy McClure as the tennis whales. The big question is of course, are thaey all still doing it?
I've met most of the characters in the business but not sure if I have met Jon Gale. I have a recollection but that's probably my mind playing tricks. Had a drink with Ed and some others in London some time ago.

There are some really really interesting characters out there they will probably never been known in the public eye unless they choose to do so. Plenty of stories to be told if they choose to tell them!

Thank fully most of them just have clever research and angles on the market.
Dean2

Maybe after the company gets swallowed up by PP and runs down the exchange someone will come clean and tell the full story.

The upshot of Ed`s website is that he has really got issues with Jon and Sonita Gale. It would not surprise me if they were working together in some way in the past, and something has happened. I don`t buy that Ed had no idea about any of this and he was just a victim of sharp, possibly illegal practices. A bit of googling shows that Murray was a big fish on the Big Brother markets back in the day. So how does a highly sophisticated pro trader get taken for a mug on tennis for so long. Does not add up at all.

Return to “Tennis Trading”