Buzzfeed - The Tennis Racket

Euler

Real in depth analysis of the match fixing issues of a few years ago. Some really interesting insight in there: -

http://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/the- ... .cdBPOYv2b
Kai

Was just about to post this link, haven't read it yet but it looks like a real juicy piece.
Machibist

That is only top if the iceberg. "Game" is very much evolved from simple fixing and those who follow tennis markets every day can certainly identify that, especially all lower markets that are opened on BF. At times it is bordering with ridiculous how big money is following score change. They can not get caught and they make *hitloads of money.
convoysur-2

perhaps not the proper place to put this ,
but very rarely will a pro trader publish trading videos without wanting money for them,,here is a tennis trader,making 500 odd quid,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh7fnjiCSYA
Marc
xitian

And then giving £300 to Betfair :lol:

PC is presumably another reason why Betfair wouldn't be too concerned whether there is match fixing going on or not. They get a 60% share of the proceeds!
xitian

Not sure why I'm laughing.. I regularly pay Betfair 1000s..

On a separate note, I think I've finally found an edge on Betdaq. Not a big one, but hopefully it means I can start contributing a bit of liquidity over there too.
Wildly

I'm all for whacking the Premium Charge but you're on the wrong track doing it here.
Do you think those capable of fixing tennis matches would then continue to bet using the same account that attracts PC ?
Euler

By profiting from fixing via the Premium charge Betfair stands even less of a chance of getting the exchange accepted in new territories. They have a vested interest in unfairness. Not saying they are actively pursuing that but it does show what a bad PR issue premium charge is all around.
xitian

Wildly wrote:I'm all for whacking the Premium Charge but you're on the wrong track doing it here.
Do you think those capable of fixing tennis matches would then continue to bet using the same account that attracts PC ?
Possibly not, who knows? But the point is that there's a conflict of interest here created by the PC. Betfair are no longer an impartial middleman. They've put themselves in a position where they profit more than they should from consistent winners, regardless of how those winners do it.
Euler

Euler

Euler

Basically Buzzfeed posted an anon listing with the player names scrambled and everybody reversed engineered it!

Return to “Tennis Trading”