Betangel Newbie and tennis trading

salty55

I have come from a matched betting background I have recently started to use the Betangel software and I am particularly interested in automating some of my tennis trading.
There is a wealth of information available regarding automated strategies etc but I am struggling to find any information on whether or not any of them are successful. I am not looking for anyone to reveal their secrets but has anyone any history of success with any particular strategy?
iambic_pentameter

Welcome to the forum.

As you have already stated, it is very unlikley that people are going to let you know their secrets. After all, trading is about creating an edge for yourself.

Whilst I don't have any interest in trading tennis, as a starting point, you'd do well to have a look on the Bet Angel YouTube channel and read through the automation threads.

This thread has some files that you can import into Bet Angel and run on practice mode:

viewforum.php?f=51&sid=2c32a316571b16e643930c294464ae02

Best of luck

Iambic_Pentameter
salty55

Thanks for your reply. I have been through all the videos etc and the strategies all seem very plausible but I know its not that easy...or is it?
iambic_pentameter

No, it certainly isn't easy.

It's really important to keep in mind that anyone who is doing this full time - be that automated / manual trading, has got a lot of screen time and experience behind them.

My advice to you, would be to import some of the files into Bet Angel and have a play around on practice mode. Once you have an angle that looks profitable, try using very small stakes and see how it fares.

Of course, the real art of automation is understanding the market you are trying to trade in.

In the 9 months or so that I've been learning to trade the pre-race horse racing markets, the biggest lessons I have learnt are:

1) Forget about making money - instead, focus on not losing money
2) Be totally committed - typically, I'll trade what races I can in the afternoon, read forum posts and watch trading videos in the evening
3) Give it time - I'm prepared to invest at least 3 years learning how to trade the pre-race horse racing markets.

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend that you read the articles by JollyGreen (respected forum member) on this page:

http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

The articles are called "Trading for Newbies"

Iambic

Return to “Tennis Trading”