Automated tennis?

Covrich

Hello first post here please go easy on me!!

I know this is a bit controversial but as someone who is new to tennis trading (a few months in) I have strats and such which I use and like to experiment with, and have bene having some success (some lessons learnt too). But often due to living in the UK and a lot of the WTA tournaments are based in Asia at the moment which makes it very tricky especially as someone who has a job too so I cannot stay up all night etc.

Many tell me that Automation in tennis is not really viable because the nature that you should watch the game to read and enter your trade which I can understand.

But is there any reason why you couldn't say once you get more experienced on a match you like the look of, if a b c happens do this and if this happens do this or trade a loss on this ect.. Or is tennis automation doomed because you ultimately haven't watched the match uninterrupted to take a better informed position..??

The reason why i ask is often I watch a game and may even take a position but would like maybe a bot to carry out the exit points for me.. or sometimes think if this person gets broken I fancy them to get back

Thanks in advanced for your opinions
Euler

Even if you trade manually automation will help. For example, if you have a favourite setup automation can scan hundreds of markets at 20ms looking for the perfect opportunity for you. Future enhancements to automation will make it even more valuable, so anybody trading just manually will find it harder to compete with somebody using automation. Most of the features we add are designed to help you maintain or get an edge and automation is key to that.
Covrich

Thanks

I understand what you're saying, the bot will fire much faster and react far quicker than I would..

so without wishing to put words in your mouth you think profitable trading on tennis with automation is possible without having to sit and watch each and the entire match.

I don't mean blind I do mean make an opinion and have a bot scan and fire accordingly to a criteria ect but you get my meaning..

It is just one side you get people saying you must sit and watch it manually then you have something like bet angel automation which can scan fire over 100s of markets indiscriminately if you wanted.

Quite a gulf in opinion on that..

I personally like the idea of automation I can say watch a market and maybe get a bot to fire with some rules in place, helps me mentally aswell
Dallas

Because of the array of stats out there IMO Tennis is one of the better sports to trade via automation and very simple rules can be very effective, tbh if i had to chose to use just one or the other on Tennis it would be automation! Though I do love trading them manually I might only manually trade on 3-4 matches in a day - but always have automation chugging away looking at dozens more especially in the early rounds of major tournaments, and when im not trading manually automation is still doing its thing. As Euler said if even if not triggering bets directly with it Automation can still constantly scan all markets looking for your criteria and alert you when it occurs.
Covrich

That's good gives me hope at least, I was thinking about going for the bet Angel Pro but was put off by the idea automation would be pointless.

Not expecting it to be the answer but could at least have it trade when I cannot physically be there to see it all out.. and even trade while I sleep.

thanks for that, nice to have some confidence in this
Euler

Even if you just use it to monitor or collect data it will pay for itself. I use automation to test different areas of the market and learn new stuff every month and I've been around for years.

Return to “Tennis Trading”