Watching Tennis

2016kingofdads

Just wondering if anyone subscribes to Tennis TV is it worth it ? or is there a better way of watching matches you are trading?
Dallas

I've never tried Tennis TV but did recently try WTA steaming service and that was around 8-10secs slower than BF (though did have a nice multi-view interface) but for trading, Betfairs LV is the nearest to real-time and its free (no betting even required).
Tadz

Thanks for that Dallas. Very useful stats info provided as well.

I'm still getting into Tennis trading. One of the things I can't keep abreast of, is what matches are starting when. Due to games over running, or weather, the start times are rarely met.

What sites/info do folks use to keep on top of the start times.

Thanks.
northbound

Tadz wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:38 pm
It's not easy, as the start time of a match depends on when the previous match on the same court finished.

If you have specific matches/players to trade, you could perhaps use the SofaScore app on your phone, add matches to your Favorites, get a notification when the match starts.
Dallas

Tadz wrote:

I'm still getting into Tennis trading. One of the things I can't keep abreast of, is what matches are starting when. Due to games over running, or weather, the start times are rarely met.

Thanks.
Y, it's a real shame the pics weren't faster aesthetically and for usability, it is the best source

They will often start later than advertised as previous matches overrun especially as the day goes on then of course weather delays can add to this.

I just put all the markets into a watchlist that way its easy to see as soon as one goes in-play also once in guardian it does show there official start time in the 'start time' column and clicking on the column header will sort them into order for you
Tadz

Thanks Northbound, I'll have a look at that app.
I don't yet know what matches to join, or which to avoid. I'm finding it hard to bring it all into focus !!
Experience will prevail.
Thanks again.
Nero Tulip

Tadz wrote:

Thanks.
I use https://www.flashscores.co.uk/tennis/ to stay on top of what's happening and when, the start times update very regularly.
Tadz

Dallas wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:52 pm

I just put all the markets into a watchlist that way its easy to see as soon as one goes in-play also once in guardian it does show there official start time in the 'start time' column and clicking on the column header will sort them into order for you
Thanks Dallas, That's a neat idea.
Tadz

Nero Tulip wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:55 pm
Tadz wrote:

Thanks.
I use https://www.flashscores.co.uk/tennis/ to stay on top of what's happening and when, the start times update very regularly.
Thanks Nero,

Will give it a visit.
linkku11

Hi all

New here, interested in automated tennis bets. What bothers me as well, is that Betfair and BetAngel starting times are very often wrong. For example BetAngel shows Federer match today (Wednesday) even though on Betfair it is on Thursday.

I have uploaded all matches to Guardian. I would suppose if starting time changes at Betfair, it would be updated to Guardian? Is this correct?
Dallas

linkku11 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:45 am
Hi all

New here, interested in automated tennis bets. What bothers me as well, is that Betfair and BetAngel starting times are very often wrong. For example BetAngel shows Federer match today (Wednesday) even though on Betfair it is on Thursday.

I have uploaded all matches to Guardian. I would suppose if starting time changes at Betfair, it would be updated to Guardian? Is this correct?

Bet Angel is showing the Federer Match as 11am 4th July (tomorrow/Thursday)

Tennis.JPG

Bet Angel takes its time from your PC clock, so make sure both that and your Betfair timezone are set correctly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
linkku11

Thanks for answer.

Where does Guardian update the starting times if they are changed after import? Or are they updated? Medvedev match today starts at Guardian 40 minutes later than in Betfair/Sofascore.

I suppose Guardian does not update starting times if they are changed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ec0n0mist

Has anyone else noticed Betfair LV needs constant refreshing?

My video keeps freezing every few minutes and it's been quite frustrating while trading in play. Wondering if it's just me.
Derek27

It's never been 100% reliable but lately it has been freezing momentarily, though I don't often have to refresh it.
ec0n0mist

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:47 pm
It's never been 100% reliable but lately it has been freezing momentarily, though I don't often have to refresh it.
Yeah always been a bit unreliable.

I've almost gotten used to them mixing up the videos under different titles and suddenly cutting off streaming in the middle of a match but this freezing issue is a new one for me.

My live video mostly freezes completely until I refresh. If it does do it momentarily, I find that all those seconds soon add up when trading in-play. Especially if there is an injury.

Return to “Tennis Trading”