Can you Facetime a tennis match?

ShaunWhite

pdenoeud wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 pm
If you hide your phone well enough, can you Facetime a tennis match?
Two questions.
1. Who are you trying to take money from?
2. Who are you asking for help?

Door key is under the mat and my pin is 5003. Does that help enough? :roll:

Is this where you're getting your ideas from? ....https://youtu.be/ajHxuxQyY3I
Derek27

:lol:

A lot of people make good money from trading but nobody has ever started trading knowing that they're going to succeed, you only find out with experience.

I'm sure it's the same with courtside betting. You seem determined to find a way to beat the delay and are prepared to go to a lot of expense to do it, even paying somebody to attend the game (most of your posts have been on this topic), but how can you be confident it will be worthwhile?

If you're viewing it as an experiment you're going to quite long lengths to carry it out!
jimibt

i think using a hat (unless you of course disguised it as a donkey wearing a leotard) would be conspicuous. i think just take a very natural approach and show that you've got nothing to hide:

this thread is sure building up to be one of the best windup/troll threads for a while -lol

p.s. -i think it's also available in white!
LeTiss

pdenoeud wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 pm
I think a small smartphone hidden in a big cap with a small holde could do the trick.
That all sounds very clumsy and not at all discreet.

If you get kicked out the tennis arena, at least you could head to the shopping centre and get some upskirt shots of women on escalators :lol:
pdenoeud

I discovered what court side betting is few days ago and I am just investigating to see what is physically/legally feasable. And some answers in that thread do contain valuable information on that matter, to me and other newbies interested by the topic.
Indeed it sounds risky/dodgy to courtside bet on tennis matches.
It seems to be more feasable/less dodgy for football. But data connection is poor for high liquidity matches, and I don't know about wifi connections available in some stadiums. I'll check it by myself, or have it checked by someone. I will post the results of that particular point.
Naffman

You can't even get a good connection at the kcom (says 4g but takes about 5 minutes to load a page!)

God only knows what it must be like at the more popular games
jimibt

pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:38 am
I discovered what court side betting is few days ago and I am just investigating to see what is physically/legally feasable. And some answers in that thread do contain valuable information on that matter, to me and other newbies interested by the topic.
Indeed it sounds risky/dodgy to courtside bet on tennis matches.
It seems to be more feasable/less dodgy for football. But data connection is poor for high liquidity matches, and I don't know about wifi connections available in some stadiums. I'll check it by myself, or have it checked by someone. I will post the results of that particular point.
if you are serious about this (and apologies if i thought that you were doing it as a wind up), then you'll need to honestly be confident that you can make a ton of cash from it as the scalability for such a scheme (even of it proved effective for a while) is at best dubious.

Ask yourself some basic questions first about how you'd operate such a scheme and that may address the need for further exploration on the topic. In no particular order, here would be my thoughts (tho in all honesty, i'd never contemplate such a journey -but here goes):

1. Will you be travelling to the games in person - if not how will your accomplice be remunerated
2. How much will it cost to attend the event - including entry, transport and subsitance
3. How will you monitor your positions if your accomplice doesn't get a sweet sopt in the stadium
4. If only one game per day can be attanded and quality games only occur on saturday/sunday - how will you scale that
5. If your accomplice lost their equipment, due to copyright enfringement etc, would you underwite those expenses
6. Would you be able to do a WiFi due diligence survey on every stadium, ahead fo sending your accomplice there

TBH -the questions keep coming to me and I'd like to think you've already addressed even the few i've noted above.

Quick question, how effective is your current approach to trading on football/tennis - i.e. is the reason for going down this route due to you making serious money and therefore you feel that you could make xx% more by taking this route??

I wish you luck whatever you do, but to me (as a scots cynic), i think you are exposing yourself as niaive and would be better placed expending your energies into figuring out how those two markets operate with minimal expense/overhead commitment. many on here make pretty decent livings from working out of their bedrooms with nothing more than a basic BA UI and some sort of live/delayed feed. At the end of the day, it's al about understanding the market mechanics and getting those rightmore times that you get them wrong (easier said than done if the basics aren't in place).

good luck anyway..
pdenoeud

Thanks jimibt
I did not adress most of your points. I am a decent Forex trader, and I am investing bet trading in order to increase my incomes.
I am investigating courtside betting, among other possibilities. I wrote robots to check Betfair/Matchbook arbs but it didn't bring enough profitability.

For now I am trying to check if football courtside betting is feasable. It might be if some stadiums provide decent wifi connection. I'll have to check.
If that is the case, I guess one option is to pay some guys who already plan to attend the game. They pay their seat, but they facetime me during the game. It is a bit of a hasle, but they make money out of it. The process could scale up by multiplying the number of games per week, although I know it will be limited.
ShaunWhite

jimibt wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 am
I wish you luck whatever you do
Remind me, who's he trying to take money from?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't do live football & tennis, but isn't this guy just trying to get an edge on everyone here who does? I can't understand why people seem to be genuinely trying to help.

pdenoeud, put my mind at ease and tell everyone that nobody here will lose a penny to you and your scheme, and explain who you think is going to be lining your pockets?

Am I just being cynical, or are you lot all being mugged off by a guy with more front than Brighton. :roll:
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:24 pm
jimibt wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 am
I wish you luck whatever you do
Remind me, who's he trying to take money from?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't do live football & tennis, but isn't this guy just trying to get an edge on everyone here who does? I can't understand why people seem to be genuinely trying to help.

pdenoeud, put my mind at ease and tell everyone that nobody here will lose a penny to you and your scheme, and explain who you think is going to be lining your pockets?

Am I just being cynical, or are you lot all being mugged off by a guy with more front than Brighton. :roll:
I started trading tennis in-play but would have no issue with somebody on this forum being at the game a step ahead of me. You know some people have faster pictures than you. Trading is all about understanding the environment you're trading in, the advantages, limitations, and trading accordingly.
Derek27

pdenoeud wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:16 am
Thanks jimibt
I did not adress most of your points. I am a decent Forex trader, and I am investing bet trading in order to increase my incomes.
I am investigating courtside betting, among other possibilities. I wrote robots to check Betfair/Matchbook arbs but it didn't bring enough profitability.

For now I am trying to check if football courtside betting is feasable. It might be if some stadiums provide decent wifi connection. I'll have to check.
If that is the case, I guess one option is to pay some guys who already plan to attend the game. They pay their seat, but they facetime me during the game. It is a bit of a hasle, but they make money out of it. The process could scale up by multiplying the number of games per week, although I know it will be limited.
As I alluded to earlier, you're going to a lot of expense and trouble just to investigate one of a thousand possible ways to make money, which most people on here think is a waste of energy. I'm glad you're not a detective - unless I was the criminal being hunted. ;)

There is a very talented little champion on here (hasn't been around for a while) who has spent the best part of a year investigating ways to make money, but seemed to get nowhere.

Have you actually traded tennis and made money from it at home, giving you the impression you could do so much better at courtside?

Or are you a failure at tennis trading thinking being at courtside will turn things around?

Or have you never traded tennis and think anyone can win at courtside regardless of their trading ability?

People who trade courtside probably get easy scalps from bets that haven't been cancelled, but I'm sure many traders at home can make more by predicting the probability of breaks and working out the value trades. These calculations can be done in between serves without the need for fast pictures.
BetScalper

To be fair, it’s been going on for years.

In 2013, 23 individuals were ejected from cricket grounds in the UK for courtsiding.

In 2016, 20 individuals were ejected from the US open for courtsiding.

The true impact is not known as sporting events don’t like broadcasting the fact that punters at home are being potentially mugged for millions per year.

I had a friend who did the same thing at a world snooker match and is now banned for life from attending.
Euler

Courtsiding is so competitive now that you will probably end up taking as much risk as if you are not there and trading with a delay.

Many years ago me and a few guys thought we would test the ground to see what was going on and concluded that people were trying to out anticipate each other. So rather than wait for a point to be scored they were anticipating that a point would be scored.

Then people were anticipating that they anticipator would anticipate a point being scored. We would often notice that they must have a position going in, just as the receiver was about to hit the ball. Such was the level of anticipation.

Same thing happened on Racing. Originally it was when the horse crossed the line, then 50 yds, then 100 and now 2.5-3 furlongs out.

I still make money on both without having to anticipate the market and suggest that maybe there is a case for overreaction now.
Derek27

If I was given a 20-metre head start in the Olympic 100 metre final - that's a massive advantage, but I still wouldn't win!
Jukebox

It mightbe fun to go back over some 1.01 losers and check out just how close those finishes really were

Return to “Tennis Trading”